Sign in to follow this  
Merus

Goofy Request

So, I'm running a roleplaying game for some of my friends, and I want to play them some audio of a campy news broadcast. I kind of want it in a not-Australian accent because I want it to feel alien and distant.

Would anyone be interested in helping me out by reading a few lines into a microphone? Obviously this is for personal use.

Edit: I have parts for a newsreader and a general. I have no preference for gender or accent.

I'm happy to do it in British or (probably not very good) fake-American!

EDIT: I could also do it in Goofy's voice.

If everyone who has volunteered dies before being able to help, I'm going to suggest that no one else volunteer.

And now, a Goofy joke:

Oh, for Pete's sake, this is getting ridiculous!

I'll kill everyone else and still not do it.

The ideal scenario here is clearly a murder cascade. You only need to kill the last person remaining.

What happens if Merus dies, which it seems he has?

Everybody is off the hook, I guess.

Frankly, the fact that no one acknowledged my amazing Pete joke makes me think that everyone in here is dead.

Growing up being named Pete in the era of Goof Troop has turned me into a humourless monster regarding such things.

Can I extend it to shot-for-shot recreations of the movie's musical numbers?

Hmmm, I suppose that makes more sense.

That live action After Today video I posted also has some making-of commentary vids to go along with it, and the amount of effort and ingenuity that went into it is amazing.

For anyone needing closure on the original topic, I did indeed record some dialogue for Merus, who complimented me on my "fine" acting, describing it as "fine for my needs".

Oh shit that reminds me Tycho got a sore throat and I didn't poke anyone else for the general.

Is describing something as 'fine' a dismissive thing in England?

Remember, if you want something in Spanish or with a Spanish flair, I gotchu'.

Also:

Oh shit that reminds me Tycho got a sore throat and I didn't poke anyone else for the general.

Is describing something as 'fine' a dismissive thing in England?

Not necessarily! It just means adequate, acceptable. I'm just goofing around, though - I wasn't expecting glowing accolades for my 20-second portrayal of "newsreader"!

That's bullshit. They should have used actual dog-people.

Hey ho, so my recorded prop went down pretty well with my players (thanks again, Ben!), and I've got an opportunity to do one more as part of the big finish. 

The Big Bad of my campaign is a female comedian turned terrorist turned genocidal maniac (it turns out satire doesn't change the world fast enough, especially when you have access to self-replicating nanomachines). I would greatly appreciate if someone with a female voice/convincing falsetto could play her in a recording. Again, it'd involve reading a few lines into a microphone, the hammier the better.

Is anyone willing to help? Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some lines.