Rob Zacny

Episode 251: We Built This City

Rowan Kaiser, Cassandra Khaw, and Greg Tito join Troy to talk about a return to the city-building genre with Banished from Shining Rock Software.

Alternate titles: Tales from Rowan-oke, Miners & Minors.

Fun 3MA fact: There was already an episode titled "We Built This City" from 2011. I was not aware of this when I named and posted the Banished show. We've got so many episodes that I'll have to start checking the titles to avoid future Jefferson Starship-related naming mishaps.

Cassandra and Troy mention another, upcoming city builder game, which led Troy to made a comment, about the high quality of their "game dev diaries" - does anyone remember, what game it was?

I am browsing through the podcast, but I cannot find the timestamp, right now.

Thanks.

[Also, everytime these words are put together in that order: 1."We" 2."Build" 3."This" 4."City" - the Jefferson Airplane/Starship song of my rotten youth is playing in my head (just like right now!) for hours on end. Don't you laugh! It is a serious disease!]

[edit]

... never mind. Found it: It was Clockwork Empires by Gaslamp Games http://www.gaslampgames.com/tag/clockwork-empires-2/

(Sorry, for the notification noise, everyone. )

Edited by Alex Covic

This podcast made me realize I actually own Children of the Nile (I got it as part of a GOG sale, I'm sure), so I'm digging my way into that now.

It occasionally amazes me how god games are often the ones that make you feel the most helpless; if I was down there on the ground I could get stuff done.