The shotgun is best when fired from the hip, and has more range than you're going to expect. It's not as deadly at SMG range, but if you can remember to HALO jump after you fire your first round, it'll throw the enemy for a loop and your second or third blast should crater his face. If you're point blank, one good shot to the upper torso is instant death.

I recently started using the CAR SMG. 

I like the CAR compared to the other SMG. The CAR doesn't show up in the regen requirements though, so I'm avoiding using it until I finish the tasks with the other SMG, which I hate.

The shotgun is best when fired from the hip, and has more range than you're going to expect.

The range is CRAZY. I recently got the extended mag and I was just blasting people with 3 shots from miles away. I love that gun. I've finished most of the challenges with it so I'm messing around with the others, and now my points and life expectancy has gone down a lot. It's quite sad, but I suppose I'll eventually get better with the other weapons...I hope.

I was having issue with the satchel charges as they're impossible to get a kill off with as a last ditch attempt like a frag grenade. Then came the dead-man's trigger. The first time it worked I got a double kill posthumously. That now has a permanent slot in any build using the charge. 

Yeah, I've just changed some things around in my load outs, even though I was pretty happy with my old ones, and I seem to be dying way more. I'm hoping that's because I'm not as good with those weapons yet, and not just that my other load out is better. I changed from an Ogre to a Stryder to see if I liked the more nimble set up, which I normally do in multiplayer games, but I just seem to get destroyed by more than 1 titan/1 titan and a couple of pilots.

I'm using a Stryder with the Chargey-Up-Lazer-Sniper and finding it really difficult to use. I don't like that I have to zoom to charge the weapon, because it feels like it takes so long to get a decent charge that I don't want to waste it when a target is out of sight so I just sit with it charged which destroys my mobility. Probably all my fault, and I did do pretty well in 1 on 1 Titan situations on smaller maps by getting a decent charged shot in then zipping off around the corner to hide and blocking their path with electric smoke and the sustained missile thing.

I feel like there's some really good load outs to be had, I just need to fiddle with them for specific situations and maps. 

I went into some Last Titan Standing matches rather arrogantly thinking I was a beast in a Titan, I was then quickly shown the door and haven't returned since.

I like to take the Plasma Railgun for Last Titan Standing for use primarily when there are between 6 and 3 titans on each side. I'll usually then grab a chaingun or 40mm cannon that a fallen titan has dropped and finish out the match. The Railgun also gets some versatility if you get the Instant Shot attachment, which eliminates the charging time at the expense of damage. It becomes something of a semi-auto sniper vs bolt-action sniper weapon balance thing.

I saw a guy last night who was G10, level 43. He wasn't very good sadly, and we got cratered that game.

I've been playing a lot of CTF today and it seems to work really well with the Stryder titan. The combination of the electric smoke and cluster missile is awesome at closing down the narrow alley ways on the CTF maps. I still haven't strayed away from the 40MM cannons yet because they're just so well suited to every situation, although I'm sure they're good for specific match situations like Jon said. 

I'm using a gamepad over a M&K at the moment simply because I'll never play to a high enough level where I'd need/see the advantage. I'm still seeing myself come out on top in bog standard death match situations, and not far off in CTF games too. It definitely hinders my mobility though, it feels like I'm just missing lines that the devs clearly put in there but I can't quite hit sometimes. Also my desk situation isn't really suited to using my mouse and keyboard for long periods of time. 

Traversal is definitely much better with keyboard and mouse. Being able to turn while in the middle of a boost changes everything.

I don't think M&K really matters for shooting, but as Architecture said it's all about traversal. I don't think you'll find it easy to get kills while wall running, which is my personal favourite thing to do in the game.

Personally I find M&K to be best for everything except for a few 3rd person games and 2D platformers, but that's just matter of preference.

I've only messed around with CTF a few times but most of it was spent on defence. Leaving my titan outside was really effective. 

Does anyone know how you show up on the radar? I can't seem to figure out any reasons for it other when when someone starts shooting, although there seems to be other times too.

The radar seems to be a shared system amongst your team.  Not only will you be displayed when firing a weapon that doesn't have a suppressor equipped, you will also be displayed should anyone see you (including NPCs?).  It feels like an automated system they put into place to effectively communicate things like "There's a guy there." in absence of voice communication.

That's interesting. Sometimes I'll be kicking some grunts while I (think) I'm sneaking up on someone only for them to turn around and shoot before I believe I should be on the radar.

Is there a way to see elevation on the radar? I've not noticed anything...

Playing around with Nvidia's Shadowplay. No idea who the dudes chatting are, but it ends pretty quickly. I came in mid-match and it's not the best game of all time, but I have some fun kills. I will probably start archiving some of my gameplay just for fun.

For some reason the timestamp isn't working, but gameplay starts at 43s.

That's interesting. Sometimes I'll be kicking some grunts while I (think) I'm sneaking up on someone only for them to turn around and shoot before I believe I should be on the radar.

Is there a way to see elevation on the radar? I've not noticed anything...

Little up and down arrows for the players, and I think how dark/pale the color is for NPCs.

Ah, I didn't know the difference between orange and red blips, but the red circles do have a little white arrow around them to indicate higher or lower.

I've always been able to tell between unit types, but I've not noticed he arrow before. I shall look harder!

Does anyone use the Echo Vision thing where it shows enemies up as orange silhouettes? I've used it as a Burn Card sometimes and it is just insane. It feels like my screen is going all choppy and my brain just goes crazy trying to focus and refocus on one target. I think the problem is everyone moves around so much it becomes pretty useless. Also does anyone else get ignored by team mates when they get rodeo'd? I know it can be pretty difficult to alert someone without a headset, but whenever I see a red dot on a blue triangle [insert Vice City radio joke game ad here] I'll just run over and punch the enemy pilots off my team mates because it's just so much fun.  

I use it. It's pretty great. You can tell which doorway people are going to go through and be ready to waste them when they come through.

The radar vision is great for Capture-the-flag and Hardpoint when you going into the enemy base or taking an occupied hardpoint. I stand outside for a minute and check to see if there are any spidermen inside. 

Man, archiving your own games is actually really fun. This was a close match where we were outnumbered by the end:

Traversing the length of Rise without touching the ground is so much fun every time.

In case y'all don't know what I'm talking about with Rise, this video gives you a pretty good idea (I did not record it).

I've been having a progressiely harder time getting into matches and it concerns me. I used to be able to come in at any time and find a match immediately. This is the second morning in a row that I've spent 10 minutes trying to find teammates and get into a match. I was hoping this game would be as popular as the Call of Duty franchise so I would be able to avoid these woes.

I've also had trouble getting into matches on PC (US East). Even at peak times, I'll seemingly only be able to slot into one match in a particular mode (like, the same group of guys in CTF or Hardpoint) unless I go for Attrition. It doesn't help that many modes have full, high-level parties that scare off single players and generally for good reason. I wish that they had a mode that wasn't compatible with parties, if only because I might be able to get a game with more regularity.

I haven't played a whole lot lately, so I guess I'm a part of the problem. The matchmaking design along with the expansions for Diablo 3 and Crusader Kings kinda killed it for me.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but they just did do a matchmaking update.  Maybe it broke something?  Wouldn't be the first time that a game's matchmaking got borked by an update.