Show me something we didn't already see in the beta.

I happened to get in and play consistently after a while, to be fair.

Yeah, I got in after switching servers to South Central. Once you're in it's solid. 

Campaign mode is kinda funny since it's almost like it's not even there. The added cutscenes are like 30 seconds long and most of the time I have no idea what's going on except that one faction wants to assault the other faction's thing. But somehow I completed the IMC campaign despite losing the last 3 maps or so and unlocked a Titan chassis, yay campaign mode!

Despite not being totally in love with the beta, I watched a lot of footage of this game and now am so desperate to play it. March 14th cannot roll around fast enough. 

Is there/will there be an idle thumbs group?

I'm barely paying attention to the story because it's fucking dumb, but I actually like the structure. It does give me a bit of a war-cry chill going into a multiplayer map with some cheesy speech about how we have to win. I think the narrative structure that allows for wins and losses is interesting enough that I want to win and lose on both sides in both maps atleast once.

The Demeter level seems pretty cool because if I understood what was going on, teams that hold the capture points spawn more spectres. I like that idea.

So how are the servers holding up? I have been thinking about picking a copy up, but I wanted to see if we were in for the now traditional day 1 meltdown.

Curse my cynicism for making me wait.

Curse my cynicism for making me wait.

Don't curse the Cynicism. My cynicism has also stopped my from pre-ordering the game, which I feel is justified given EA's track record. That and Dark Souls 2.

I finished the militia campaign last night, and I've also been playing since Sunday or so.  I like this game!  It is a fun game.

Servers have seemed reasonably stable so far.  I'm on horrible Canadian rural internet, and am managing 70-80ish pings to servers on the Central North farm.

It is definitely nice to play an MP shooter that's hosting their own servers, rather than using players as hosts.

I got in sometime after 12:30 Central last night and experienced no issues after that. I'm guessing they were just experience some unevenness as all the servers spun up.

I'm That Guy that used a VPN to unlock early, and outside of a window from literally 11:50 to 12:01 I didn't have any trouble connecting to games all evening.

So I missed the beta, but I've been waiting for this... I was so happy to hear the guys that made Modern Warfare 2 made another game. Ignoring all hatred of EA and hesitance about their inevitable server issues, I bought the deluxe and let it download while I slept last night. Can't be happier to hear the servers are holding up! pumped to play after work today.

Origin ID is InvolvingSalmon, hopefully I'll see you guys on there.

Once the loading screen sticks at "initializing" it pretty much just stays there, but disconnecting and reconnecting a few times finally got me in at about 12:45 eastern. The game was solid past that, besides a wierd bug that crashed my Windows Audio Service. There were some minor changes from the beta, the main noticable one being that the three initial titan loadouts are each on a different chassis, giving you access to all three by level 6.

Edit: I should mention that I was expecting more customization options in the release than there was in the Beta, but it doesn't seem like there's a ton of additional options. I guess I'm spoiled by BF4, but I like it when there are a ton of different weapons and perks.

There are at least four new primary weapons, one new anti-Titan weapon and one new sidearm. Perks have mostly been relegated to burn cards, and I think that's incredibly clever.

Ok, you convinced me (didn't take much, I just wanted to know that things were working for the most part).

I'm downloading and getting some work done now, but if anyone wants to play a little later this afternoon/evening my Origin ID is PrettyUnsmart.

This morning I played through the campaign with a random who hadn't heard that the campaign would be multiplayer or that there were bots. How strange would that have been!? He was vocalizing his confusion a lot. My favorite moments were just the general "wtf?" when we hit the ground for the first mission and the "I thought I killed like 30 people! How come it says I only killed 1?" I hope he eventually embraced it. He was one of two that stayed in the lobby for the whole militia-campaign.

Oh, and the mission I was talking about earlier where you spawn more spectres if you control points was "Man Made", not "Demeter". I've replayed a few of the missions, I'm still not sure if the turrets or spectre spawns are dynamic in other levels.

I'm always amazed at how good people get at games like this so quickly. I just got done with work, had the game downloaded, and played my first match. On the other team, there were three people around level 30 who already seemed to know every corner of the map. I need a "bad at video games" queue for games like this.

Note: I sound like I'm griping, but I still had a fun time. I'm just in awe of other people's skill/dedication.

A decent amount of people used that hack that was posted on Redit to get in to the game last week. I was on an hour after launch and went up against several level 30s. It simply wouldn't have been possible to level up that fast, no matter how pro you are. I guess it's also possible that those folks are reviewers as well.

I just played for about 3 hours straight. Yikes! So intense!

The mobility of the player really churns my butter; I love how you can hop, skip and zip all over the place.