I figured it was possible they found the arc grenades a little too powerful and decided to nerf them by making them stationary as opposed to hurlable. They were basically magnetic deathballs of awesome in the beta--you could chuck them at a Titan to bypass its shields and basically clear a pesky nest of titans pretty easily. It also was great for catching cloaked hardpoint campers unaware.

The Mag Launcher is shown right above it as anti-titan ordinance, and it's a semi-auto mag grenade launcher. Removing the 2-per-spawn pull the pin version and keeping the aim and shoot version seems a bit silly?

I've started my preload. 50 gigs. What a brave, stupid new world we live in.

Arc grenades didn't inflict damage, they bypassed a TItan's shields and scrambled the cockpit view for the pilot or disabled a pilot's cloaking ability.

I bought my game key via a third-party, who apparently are not releasing their keys until the actual day of launch...

:spiraldy:

It sure seems ballsy of Respawn and EA to put this out on the same day as the biggest release of the year, Dark Soul 2. Realistically if it wasn't for DkS2, I probably would be getting titanfall. Still might sometime, who knows.

I bought my game key via a third-party, who apparently are not releasing their keys until the actual day of launch...

:spiraldy:

I went through Gamefly (20% discount) and I'm about in the same boat. Thankfully, I can get up in the morning, start the download, and be reasonably sure it will be done by the time I get home.

Edit: Nevermind, they apparently released the code today. Yay!

Yeah, I've heard that both GreenManGaming and GameFly have released keys early for preload. Don't know about other third-party stores, but you should keep an eye out. Preloading my GF copy now.

Titanfall audio is huuuuuuuuuge:

titanfallaudio.PNG

I fucking knew it.

This is bullshit. Compress your audio, game developers. Or at least enable me to select which language I want to download and install.

I fucking knew it.

This is bullshit. Compress your audio, game developers. Or at least enable me to select which language I want to download and install.

allowing language selection before download would be a great idea in general, and would probably save content distributors, like EA or MS or whoever, on bandwidth, but i've not idea if that is a significant cost to them at all. Probably depends on peering agreements. Implementing it would be non-trivial though, especially cross-platform. The content distributors (MS, Sony, Steam, wheover) would have to come up with an interface and api for language selection, and game devs would have to implement something to use that api or apis, and do whatever is necessary to selectively package their game with languages excluded. I've no idea how games are typically packaged so idk if thats hard or not.

It could simply be a prompt upon installation. You pick the language(s) you'd like to install, and the installer intelligently deletes the files for the audio you don't want. You can always download it later if necessary.

And I'm mostly envisioning this in a PC environment.

If I can play it in Korean, then that will be worth the extra gigs for me.

Titanfall Campaign Intro -

Edit: Imagine that there's a YouTube video here and that video never got pulled due to copyright from EA. Thanks EA!

Gives me some really good space genre vibes. Nothing too novel in there, just a nice juxtaposition of imagery and vo.

Greenmangaming's doing a 10$ off voucher on this using voucher XXYB8X-LHFV73-66QFG8.

I'm sitting on the fence right now, watching some Giant Bomb video of the game.  I'm not usually first in on brand new games, and I've resisted an Origin Account until now (including not playing Mass Effect 3), but maaan.  Something about this game's really pushin' my buttons.

It's going to sound weird, but this game was the primary motivating factor in me building a new PC. I do not regret this decision at all.

I did it, I'm done.  You win EA.  You'll always win in the end.

I'm Entriech on Origin, if anyone wants to stomp around as robots come Tuesday.

It's going to sound weird, but this game was the primary motivating factor in me building a new PC. I do not regret this decision at all.

Same.  Some things just tip the balance.

The thing that's actually bad about Origin is splitting communities, not the Origin platform itself. You click button and play game just like every other platform. It'll be fine.

They did damage, less than frags though

Less than frags but still more than enough to be lethal. Aside from my shotgun I could swear they're my #1 tool.

Also, they one-shot any AI, period. Spectre, grunt, anything, arcs just completely screw 'em.