I hate multiplayer first person shooters. But I'm loving Titanfall.

Honestly, what a great game. I need this traversal mechanic in other games (a single-player game specially), seriously, it's just crazy good. It feels so good just to be jumping through the roofs, climbing the buildings, that's the best thing in this game in my opinion.

In this game I just don't feel confined, waiting to be butchered by more experienced players. I just run, find my own way and have time to approach the enemies when the time feels right. 

The 12 player limit is also justified, I think things would get too messy with a lot of Titans on screen. It's also heplful that the AI companions are so easy to kill, helps with the balance and it helps with the self-esteem of newcomers. 

I seriously thought about pre-ordering this game right now, but I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games to pay the full price for it. If I feel in need to play it during launch, I'll grab it then. I just know that I'll buy it eventually.

Agree with all of this. Especially in regards to the traversal. I noticed that unlike in most shooters where if you square off with a guy and miss, you're dead, Titanfall's mobility allows you to run away and re-engage from a different vantage point. That adds so much depth and flexibility to the shootouts it's insane.

I'm liking Titanfall a little more now, it's still really frantic, but I have a better idea where to stand to not get rocked all the time.

I seriously cannot stop playing this game. I have an exciting/scary feeling that the city map is going to be my Deck 17/Facing Worlds for the next 2 days. Thank god it's not a demo, because I probably wouldn't get the game.

BadfingerSA on Origin.

http://www.twitch.tv/sadfinger/b/503334652

I streamed about two hours of it on... Friday? Sadly I have to lower some of the video settings to make it playable. I have probably improved markedly since then but it's me playing the map randomizer mode. Not talking much because my PTT key is the same as for the game.

As far as I can tell, you can't wallrun twice on the same wall in a row. Meaning that if you wallrun and then jump away, you can't wallrun on the same wall. You can land on a different wall and keep running, then jump back to the first wall. Or, if you're close enough, you can wallrun along a wall, jump off, then mantle the rest of the way up that wall to the roof. I hope that makes sense.

Actually, I just tried this, and you can. In the city map there's a couple of thight alleyways, and I was able to bounce back and forth Mario-style, getting from the ground to the roof in a couple of seconds. 

I played this game more than I should last night, so I had a bad sleep and dreamt with robots. I officially like this game. A multiplayer shooter... Havent seriously played any of those since counter strike in 2003. Wow.

I also realized I need a better router, or power line adapter thingy. My ping was 386, and I guess it explains the delay when I killed my enemies.

Other thing I realized is that I'm terrible at piloting Titans, but quite good at "dooming" them as a mere and tiny human being. I guess I'll focus on that.

I've also been playing this a lot last night. This game is great. 

I had a particularly enjoyable time fighting titans near a cliff, where they would back up and fall off them. My favourite was when I ripped out an enemy pilot and threw her off a cliff. So. Fucking. Satisfying. I know this sounds gross, but seeing the pilot's terrified look as she/he is in your titan's hands before you throw them to their doom is both immensely satisfying and sickening. I kinda wish you could do more like aim where to throw them, but it's a minor problem.

I even like losing in this game, as the final dash to the air ship is exhilarating fun.

A particular highlight was when I was running to the drop point. My mech got hacked, and I managed to eject in time, but not before the hacker blew up my titan. I somehow was quicker on my draw and killed him. I then quickly volleyed up a building and whilst running to the drop point was shot at by a person hiding on the floor below. A couple of missed shots took him into hiding, where I threw down a stun grenade and legged it to the dropship whilst he was dazed. Flippin awesome.

Also, has anyone managed to blow up the dropship? It seems impossible to me.

I've also been playing this a lot last night. This game is great. 

I had a particularly enjoyable time fighting titans near a cliff, where they would back up and fall off them. My favourite was when I ripped out an enemy pilot and threw her off a cliff. So. Fucking. Satisfying. I know this sounds gross, but seeing the pilot's terrified look as she/he is in your titan's hands before you throw them to their doom is both immensely satisfying and sickening.

You can hack mechs?? I never noticed! I also haven't figured out how to wallhang.

We got the dropship to 50% once with a bunch of titans unloading on it. 

You can hack mechs?? I never noticed! I also haven't figured out how to wallhang.

We got the dropship to 50% once with a bunch of titans unloading on it. 

Yeah, you can hack mechs. I've only done it once though. You have to jump on top of an enemy mech and hold X (on the controller - it's whatever key it is to get into a mech on the keyboard (I play PC games with a controller)). If it's piloted it opens up like a little diode which you can shoot - it does a lot of damage and negates the shield. I believe if it isn't piloted you can eventually commandeer it, but this might be wishful thinking. You can even ride friendly mechs and provide support, which is cool. If you are piloting a mech you can tell if you're being hacked/supported by a separate bar above the health bar that's at the top. It's red if you're being hacked, blue if supported. I don't know how to wall hang either, I was bored of the tutorial before I got to that.

I "wall hanged" a couple of times, did it by accident, it didn't seem very difficult: I think I just jumped on the wall and leaned the camera off the wall, and my guy just stayed there. It wasn't very useful though, got shot really easy.

I've been in a bunch of matches where the dropship got destroyed. Usually on the receiving end.

I didn't expect to like being in a titan so much, but last titan standing is actually loads of fun. Managing your shields, timing your powers so they don't get sucked up by a vortex shield, dodging behind a building just as they unleash said shield barrage, baiting them around a corner then dropping an electric cloud, all the while keeping an eye out for loose pilots who might jump on your roof and shoot out your convenient placed weak spot. Fun! Also, burst fire on the 40mm cannon is nuts.

I too have been playing and enjoying this. If anyone wants to party up on Xbone, my gamertag is the same as my username on here. Let's robotfight!

I destroyed a dropship along with another Titan, I think we both used our core powerups and took it down with about 10 seconds on the counter before it was going to leave.

I'm jonac13 (I think) on Origin PC, add me. I also just preordered the game because I'm fairly sold and I'm dying for a competitive FPS, anyone interested should check out this $48 preorder deal on GameFly DD - http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/114274/gamefly---titanfall-pre-order-pc-digital-download

Yeah, you can hack mechs. I've only done it once though. You have to jump on top of an enemy mech and hold X (on the controller - it's whatever key it is to get into a mech on the keyboard (I play PC games with a controller)). If it's piloted it opens up like a little diode which you can shoot - it does a lot of damage and negates the shield. I believe if it isn't piloted you can eventually commandeer it, but this might be wishful thinking. You can even ride friendly mechs and provide support, which is cool. If you are piloting a mech you can tell if you're being hacked/supported by a separate bar above the health bar that's at the top. It's red if you're being hacked, blue if supported. I don't know how to wall hang either, I was bored of the tutorial before I got to that.

That's not hacking, that's called "rodeoing." You don't hack a computer by ripping off the side panel and shooting inside of it.

That's not hacking, that's called "rodeoing." You don't hack a computer by ripping off the side panel and shooting inside of it.

I think when you rip off the side panel of a robot and shoot inside of it, you're a "hacktivist".

So that's why all my previous hacking attempts have failed.

Also that's totally how you do it in saint's row 3.

I destroyed a dropship along with another Titan, I think we both used our core powerups and took it down with about 10 seconds on the counter before it was going to leave.

I'm jonac13 (I think) on Origin PC, add me. I also just preordered the game because I'm fairly sold and I'm dying for a competitive FPS, anyone interested should check out this $48 preorder deal on GameFly DD - http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/114274/gamefly---titanfall-pre-order-pc-digital-download

Sweet. I'm pretty sure I'm 'N1njaSquirrel' on Origin PC. I shall check tonight. Add me backsies? :'(

I am 'fancifulnotion' I'll definitely be playing tonight, EST. I haven't figured out how to add friends to a party yet, weirdly. Hopefully it isn't borked.

Tried the ogre titan...ended up rolling through 3 enemy titans with it.  Less movement but tough and that shield core ability is pretty nuts.

My favourite moment so far was getting the light titan burn card and dropping it immediately at the start of the battle, stomping down and blowing up the entire enemy team. Because of it we took all three capture points and I stayed alive a good 5 minutes until enemy titans started coming online.