I've tried playing, but the game renders in fucked-up-o-vision. Even with the settings all down. My laptop isn't that old is it? T_T

There were a number of people with graphical issues, so maybe!

Unrelated badass moment:  We barely lost hardpoint, My titan is the only one up and I'm defending the dropship from enemy titans, I figured I'd just sacrifice to save the others.  Take one titan out, mine is in flames however.  Dropship has taken off, I eject, my titan's explosion kills another and I manage to land inside the dropship just before it warped away.

So apparently it's totally possible to catch the dropship after take off.

Unrelated badass moment:  We barely lost hardpoint, My titan is the only one up and I'm defending the dropship from enemy titans, I figured I'd just sacrifice to save the others.  Take one titan out, mine is in flames however.  Dropship has taken off, I eject, my titan's explosion kills another and I manage to land inside the dropship just before it warped away.

So apparently it's totally possible to catch the dropship after take off.

Holy shit. That's awesome.

I'd like my burn card slots to fill automatically but be replacable by going into the menus. I forget that they need to be replaced between matches and find it tedious.

If you registered before 4PM yesterday on PC the beta should show up in your origin games list some time tonight. If it hasn't already it might be minutes or hours, mine just showed up.

I hate this game for the same reason I hate every game these days. I'm bad at it and I can't tell what's going on. So I guess I quit.

I'm with you on this. I'm hoping it's just because everyone else on there has had a lot more experience, but before I can figure out how to get onto a roof, someone has stabbed me from behind.

I'm really enjoying it despite how frenetic it is. I feel like I'd enjoy it better in relatively small doses, after a while it gets a bit overwhelming, but it's fun to get into a flow while my senses are still sharp.

Yay open PC beta!

I only had time to try out the tutorial, but damn I think it feels pretty good. The movement is not quite as tight as something like Mirror's Edge, but gives you just enough modes of movement to really add some dynamic element to the game play without making movement too unfamiliar.

I got completely messed up by the Titans in the Titan-on-3-titans level of the Tutorial, but managed to just barely take them down. I hope the actual game isn't like that, or else I really have a long way to go with figuring out how to properly use a Titan. 

The looseness of the parkour is actually one of the best things about it. The traversal just feels right. I've started to get a hang of scaling buildings and moving across rooftops.

I really, really like this game. I think I'm in day one.

There were a number of people with graphical issues, so maybe!

So my game looks a lot like this:

811398459f7978e407ec51874586add2.png

Which is apparently a common fault. Especially with laptop graphics cards. Luckily the solution is (hopefully) simple (I have yet to try it). For prosperities sake and for anyone else with this issue, this is how to fix it:

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel

2. Click Manage 3D Settings

3. Program Settings tab

4. In Select a program to customize section you need to add Titanfall.exe or select it if you already have it on list.

5. After that in Select the preferred graphics processor for this program select High-performance NVIDIA processor.

6. OK or Apply.

I suppose there isn't anyone with a left-over key?

After watching a bunch of videos of this I really want to try it out :)

I suppose there isn't anyone with a left-over key?

After watching a bunch of videos of this I really want to try it out :)

It's open beta on Xbox One, there should be a button on the dashboard that lets you download it if you have Xbox Live Gold. It's also open beta on PC/Origin, but you had to have already attempted to register for the beta a couple days ago. If you didn't register for a beta key, I think you're out of luck.

I managed to get it to work and it's fantastic. I would pre-order it, but Dark Souls 2 comes out at the same time. :/

I'm also predicting something will be horrendously fucked-up about this game come release time, given EA's track record. I am well aware that this makes me the worst.

Yeah, I figured. :)

I guess I'll be trying this out at launch then.

People were giving their spares out on the official titanfall forums. I'd suggest you look there.

Not to rub it in but I am having so much goddamn fun with this. Every game mode has its own well-tuned perk. More mech battles in last titan standing vs fun parkour fps action in attrition. Both methods of gameplay seem to have gotten equal attention.

They somehow solved the issue of infantry/armor balance that has plagued games like Battlefield and Planetside for ages. The pilots are fast and vertically mobile and are all given powerful anti-mech weapons. The mechs have a slew of tactics to stay alive and deal damage: from catching bullets to dropping electric-charged smoke clouds, to their dash based mobility. While they definitely have more of a learning curve, once you figure out the best strategies involved in using them, you dominate.

The guy in the bonus XP burn card is satirically smarmy, in fact his expression reminds me of a face a South Park character would pull it's weird it's actually in the game. 

I hate multiplayer first person shooters. But I'm loving Titanfall.

Honestly, what a great game. I need this traversal mechanic in other games (a single-player game specially), seriously, it's just crazy good. It feels so good just to be jumping through the roofs, climbing the buildings, that's the best thing in this game in my opinion.

In this game I just don't feel confined, waiting to be butchered by more experienced players. I just run, find my own way and have time to approach the enemies when the time feels right. 

The 12 player limit is also justified, I think things would get too messy with a lot of Titans on screen. It's also heplful that the AI companions are so easy to kill, helps with the balance and it helps with the self-esteem of newcomers. 

I seriously thought about pre-ordering this game right now, but I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games to pay the full price for it. If I feel in need to play it during launch, I'll grab it then. I just know that I'll buy it eventually.

I have an Ogre Titan burn card--saving that for the last day of the beta. I think it's considered a rare or "foil" card as the logo in the upper left corner looks shiny and different.

Does the beta let you add friends and party up? Haven't spotted any option like that so I guess probably not.

The guy in the bonus XP burn card is satirically smarmy, in fact his expression reminds me of a face a South Park character would pull it's weird it's actually in the game. 

When I first saw it I thought it was a smug Barney Calhoun.

Does the beta let you add friends and party up? Haven't spotted any option like that so I guess probably not.

Yes. When you hit "play" it puts you into a private lobby, at which point you can invite people.

So.... I've played a lot of this. I'm really enjoying it. Two tips:

1) Playing Attrition mode, killing AI dudes (grunts specifically) actively helps you win the game. You get Attrition Points, which is what's counting up to win the game. It also speeds up your Titanfall timer. Running around and picking off 10-15 grunts right at the beginning can give you a really big leg up. Never stop killing the AI dudes.

2) The way the parkour works is you get a jump, a double jump, and a wall run. However, if you wall run it refreshes your jumps. So you can jump->run->jump->double jump->mantle to get up things you can't just normally (or jump/double/run/jump double/etc). I believe you can also string wallrun combos essentially indefinitely. 

Not sure I'm going to preorder, but it feels really, really likely I'll be buying this day 1 if the reviews bear out the rest of the game. I'm super interested in what the campaign multiplayer is going to be.

Some of the burn cards are REALLY interesting. I got Ogre and Stryder cards, a Spider Sense card where it basically pings every time there's a player, and a Spectre card where it turns your character into a spectre model as a disguise. As I was running around it was clanking as though I was a mini-robit. I also like the risk/reward of the combos.

2) The way the parkour works is you get a jump, a double jump, and a wall run. However, if you wall run it refreshes your jumps. So you can jump->run->jump->double jump->mantle to get up things you can't just normally (or jump/double/run/jump double/etc). I believe you can also string wallrun combos essentially indefinitely. 

As far as I can tell, you can't wallrun twice on the same wall in a row. Meaning that if you wallrun and then jump away, you can't wallrun on the same wall. You can land on a different wall and keep running, then jump back to the first wall. Or, if you're close enough, you can wallrun along a wall, jump off, then mantle the rest of the way up that wall to the roof. I hope that makes sense.

As far as I can tell, you can't wallrun twice on the same wall in a row. Meaning that if you wallrun and then jump away, you can't wallrun on the same wall. You can land on a different wall and keep running, then jump back to the first wall. Or, if you're close enough, you can wallrun along a wall, jump off, then mantle the rest of the way up that wall to the roof. I hope that makes sense.

Oh yes, good catch.