Is it just me or does it always take forever to get past the "Retrieving matchmaking list..." screen? I have no problems past that point but getting onto the next screen can literally take me 20 minutes. I also discovered that playing Rogue Legacy with a 360 controller while waiting for this to happen can, and has, inadvertently close Titanfall for me. I'm a dingus. 

Is it just me or does it always take forever to get past the "Retrieving matchmaking list..." screen? I have no problems past that point but getting onto the next screen can literally take me 20 minutes. I also discovered that playing Rogue Legacy with a 360 controller while waiting for this to happen can, and has, inadvertently close Titanfall for me. I'm a dingus.

I'm not having this problem at all.

Thanks to Architecture I'm in the beta now too. I'll be able to play once it downloads, my Origin name is BoneyRasputin.

I just got an xbone key .. Gt is SilentBtAmazing I will send requests to based on this thread and hope to play with you all soon!

Massive Spoiler: I am actually neither silent nor amazing

cool moment: riding an enemy titan, he notices me, I hop off and call down my titan while his is temporarily immobile and crush it with mine landing.

cool moment: riding an enemy titan, he notices me, I hop off and call down my titan while his is temporarily immobile and crush it with mine landing.

Hah, thanks for that, I just used this trick after reading it here.

I guess I have an Xbox One key for this. If anyone wants it PM me BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW I'LL RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME CAUSE IF I DON'T KNOW YOU FUCK OFF LURKERS WHO SIGN UP JUST TO GET A FREE KEY

Yeah, if you got an Xbox key initially instead of a PC key like I did, the Xbox key should still be good (I gave mine away to someone on another board and he reported it worked).

I'm officially out of keys, seems like at least two of them were good, so that's pretty cool.

At first I wasn't as impressed with the game as I anticipated, which is weird when I feel like I accurately set my expectations. Maybe it's just the transition back into competitive PC shooters where I'm just rank-and-file where I was better than not on console. There's actually auto-aim applied to the 360 controller in Titanfall that doesn't seem present during kb&m play, which is kind of cool. After a few rounds I'd say I feel like you could be competitive with a controller.

I hate this game for the same reason I hate every game these days. I'm bad at it and I can't tell what's going on. So I guess I quit.

I just now figured out the right pace. I just get elevated, pick off minions until my first titan and the run around picking off minions until I have a good opportunity to take out a titan or pilot.

I hate this game for the same reason I hate every game these days. I'm bad at it and I can't tell what's going on. So I guess I quit.

But your robot buddy will help you out!

I feel you on that man. Sometimes it can be pretty incomprehensible, one "tip" don't play Attrition. I found that I was feeling that way and losing interest fast, then started playing only hardpoint for a bit, and started enjoying the game a lot more. Just having the simple capture the point objective makes it easier to focus, the other stuff will start coming as you play more.

Also not loving Last titan standing, it's better than attrition but it can get boring. Matches seem to get pretty one sided fairly quickly.

One fun tactic on the "outdoor" map is to hide your titan at the beginning of the match (find some trees or a ditch, especially on the cliff side of the map, and put it in guard mode) and just go out and support your team with your anti-titan weapon. On that map I find that the titans tend to stay on their spawn side of the map for a good long while and as such your titan will often last long into the round without taking much if any damage. I actually won a round on time out when the rest of my team got wiped because by the time he killed the last active titan on my team there were only like 20 sec. left. I spent that time distracting him from the rooftops and my titan never took any damage. My team won because my titan had taken the least damage of the two remaining.

I don't think I will ever love death match modes again, I just don't have the micro for it anymore.

Edit: playing on PC here BTW

Edited by cyrix

I was about to give it another shot but then it crashed on me twice - first when trying to join my friend's party, and again when I alt-tabbed to respond to his origin speak because the origin overlay refuses to work for me.

I'm not having Fun-fun yet, but I keep wanting to play more.What I'm wanting right now is more customization and more survivability, but I suspect both might come when I level up more.

Maybe what's missing is communication and/or playing with friends? Origin ID is Hermansl, I think I added everyone here.

Anyone know what a "titan core charge ability" is?

In other news, I need to learn how to tell when the best time to shoot an Archer Heavy Rocket at a titan is. I think that I'm just lowering their shields, but not doing any damage.

After posting I played for another hour, and this time I had a blast! I made a conscious effort to a) use the abilities (cloak) way more, and b ) stick to the rooftops. With this I stopped dying so suddenly, and had a way better view of what was going on and who to kill. It also did help to unlock more mods and custom classes

Clyde, the the Core ability seems dependant on the chassis of the Titan, but in the beta there's only one (though I did just get a burn card to call in a different one!). With the Archer, you still do damage if their shield is up, but it's way more effective if it's down. They do a pretty good job showing the enemies shield and life bar in the top right. My favourite tactic is to jump the rooftops along with a friendly titan. That way your friend can take down their shields, and the enemy is usually distracted by the bigger target to notice you're blowing him to pieces. 

The core charge ability is what you get after being in your Titan for ~2 minutes. You activate it with "V." For the default Titan it's increased damage. For the fast Titan it's infinite dash and for the tanky Titan it's a better shield. It lasts for like 30 seconds or whatever.

edit: beaten

After posting I played for another hour, and this time I had a blast! I made a conscious effort to a) use the abilities (cloak) way more, and b ) stick to the rooftops. With this I stopped dying so suddenly, and had a way better view of what was going on and who to kill. It also did help to unlock more mods and custom classes

Clyde, the the Core ability seems dependant on the chassis of the Titan, but in the beta there's only one (though I did just get a burn card to call in a different one!). With the Archer, you still do damage if their shield is up, but it's way more effective if it's down. They do a pretty good job showing the enemies shield and life bar in the top right. My favourite tactic is to jump the rooftops along with a friendly titan. That way your friend can take down their shields, and the enemy is usually distracted by the bigger target to notice you're blowing him to pieces.

Yea it's a very vertical game, I try to only traverse ground level with cloak unless I'm forced out there. The sidewinder antititan weapon feels better to me since there's no lock time and it can chip at shields.

that said, I tend to rodeo a lot more since most people don't use the smoke, even though it's secretly really good