I have a new computer so I definitely could, I'm just one of those people who like playing FPSs with a controller.

You can plug an xbox 360 controller into your pc.

You can plug an xbox 360 controller into your pc.

This is what I do to every pc game I can. Even to the point when I get ridiculed when playing L4D2 for doing so.

Yeah, but then I'm playing against other people with mouse and keyboard who can generally aim better than I. I didn't say I was good with the controller, just that I like it better.

Edit: I actually do play with my 360 controller on a lot of games. I actually fly planes with it in BF4, but I'm under no illusion that I can stand up to M/KB FPS players using one.

It looks like they implemented a lot of LoMA esq gameplay elements that really look like they keep a player engaged. I don't think I have gotten really into a multiplayer shooter since Call of Duty 4. I'm really excited that there's a hyped MP shooter coming out that isn't just modern army man shooting terrorists. I'll be playing for sure.

From what I have seen so far I am extremely impressed with how the are presenting notifications to the user. All the dumb almost unreal tournament level shit "KILL STREAK! MULTI KILL! DOMINATION!" has been pretty clearly ensconded in the the fiction of the universe. I'm very impressed by that element of the game.

I played this at PAX last year without knowing anything about the game (aside from that it has mechs and is made by the Call of Duty guys) and I came away feeling pretty excited about it, which is sort of weird because I barely ever play big-name shooters any more.

I don't know if we played PC or Xbox or what but you had to use an Xbox controller and it ended up working pretty well. I would still always prefer a mouse/keyboard but I didn't totally hate using a controller.

It was really fun though! Most of the time you are just running around waiting to call your titan and I'm sure there's some strategy to it as far as coordinating your team but that's hard to do with people who have no familiarity with the game. The difference in feel between a regular dude and being in a titan is pretty cool and you can tell they spent a lot of time tuning that. I don't know what else to say except that I really enjoyed it.

Why on earth are they playing it on such horrible settings. Looks like a PS2 game.

Edit: Oh guess they were just testing them out. Over now.

Why on earth are they playing it on such horrible settings. Looks like a PS2 game.

Edit: Oh guess they were just testing them out. Over now.

Yeah, they tried out some different graphics settings. Man, the jump between PC and Xbox One was pretty surprising, I didn't think the difference would be that big.

How do you mean? Graphically? Controls? Better or worse?

Man, has the beta started already? Every time a mail shows up in my inbox I get a little hopeful.

How do you mean? Graphically? Controls? Better or worse?

Man, has the beta started already? Every time a mail shows up in my inbox I get a little hopeful.

Graphically. Sorry, I should've realised from your post that you missed the start of the stream. The Xbox One version looks alright, but the PC version looks way better. That was pretty much par for the course with last generation games, but I wasn't expecting to still see that gap on the new consoles.

According to the beta website they'll actually be sending out more invites up until the 17th, although I'm pretty sure the beta ends on the 19th so it'd be a real kick in the balls to get one that late.

e: Oh, according to twitter the first batch of codes is going out "very soon".

I'm very excited for Titanfall. I really hope I get into the beta, I'd love to really dig in and play it. My only aversion to Origin is that it splits the community between there and Steam. I am literally at my friends list limit just from communities I play Battlefield and tried to play SimCity with.

Read the RPS article, and there wasn't anything worrisome in there basically at all that I saw. It appears Nate is much more interested in modding than I am. None of BF or CoD had modding to any real degree, and this is following right along. It's just not something I expect.

I played this at PAX last year without knowing anything about the game (aside from that it has mechs and is made by the Call of Duty guys) and I came away feeling pretty excited about it, which is sort of weird because I barely ever play big-name shooters any more.

I don't know if we played PC or Xbox or what but you had to use an Xbox controller and it ended up working pretty well. I would still always prefer a mouse/keyboard but I didn't totally hate using a controller.

It was really fun though! Most of the time you are just running around waiting to call your titan and I'm sure there's some strategy to it as far as coordinating your team but that's hard to do with people who have no familiarity with the game. The difference in feel between a regular dude and being in a titan is pretty cool and you can tell they spent a lot of time tuning that. I don't know what else to say except that I really enjoyed it.

This is pretty much what I keep seeing and hearing. People just want to get down on this because its associated with Call of Duty in some way. But frankly, I hope I get into the beta because this sounds like the most fun multiplayer FPS out there since TF2.

Just because I don't play TF2 or Left 4 Dead anymore, and because I haven't enjoyed a Call of Duty since 4 (played that quite a bit) or a Halo multiplayer since 2 (also quite a bit) doesn't mean I suddenly don't like multiplayer shooters. I'm just waiting for something I haven't actually played for over a hundred hours yet, and this sounds like the ticket.

It's too bad this is a AAA game, or I might be legitimately interested. Can an indie developer make this, please?

It's too bad this is a AAA game, or I might be legitimately interested. Can an indie developer make this, please?

Good news: Respawn is independently owned! Totally counts as indie.

PHEW! Saved by technicality. Excitement levels engaged.

I'm in the same boat as Pony, I had largely dismissed this game because I don't care about COD or console-focused shooter, but the coverage from the last few days have me interested, as it looks like it might have enough variety in the actions to feel more like TF2, where you can use verticality and traversal together with a bigger variety of weapons, instead of "move forward, shoot man". 

Watching some of that Giant Bomb stream it does actually look like a neat game, or at the very least something different from most multiplayer shooters which interests me.  The movement seems pretty fluid and the inclusion of unlimited sprint is the right choice in my opinion.  Still a little hesitant about those AI soldiers, I would rather just have more players with only a few getting titans within a match.  

Also I will listen to no one who says that a robot with hands is alright.

I watched Giantbomb play it a bit, and I have to say I'm having the opposite reaction that many of you seem to have.  My interest in it has cooled somewhat.  It does look like fun, but I don't think it looks significantly more fun than any other game of this type.

And I think humanoid shaped mechs are ridiculous regardless of whether or not they have hands.

I just recently watched a documentary about the influence of the Fukushima-disaster on the robotics-industry. They explain how humanoid designs are capable of traversing many types of terrains and accomplishing general tasks. There was a whole section about the debate between a hand-design that is specialized for turning valves or a more human-like hand.

I should clarify that I mean mechs designed for combat.  For traversing space and manipulating equipment designed for humans, a human shaped robot makes sense.  But as a thing designed kill, there are better forms than a big person shaped mech.

For example, tanks are designed to have as low a profile as possible. A towering war machine out in the middle of a battlefield is precisely what you don't want.

It's my professional opinion that someone needs to mod in the robocop theme to play when you call your titan.  Only played a couple matches, Last Titan standing isn't that exciting, cooler to start on foot I think.  Still fooling around with the parkour but it seems pretty extensive.  Rad jumping out a window and then scrambling up the wall to go up a floor so I can get the drop on an enemy.

Seems to be host/client?  I keep getting really laggy matches.  Also nobody seems to play hardpoint for some reason.