melmer

The Last of Us - Left Behind

left-behind-620x273.jpeg

Comes out on Friday. I'll probably play it over the weekend. I've heard there's a running time of about 2 hours... So all those people who complained about how long the main game was can't bitch ;P

Neil just tweeted...

@Neil_Druckmann: A big part of #TheLastofUs #LeftBehind has been kept a secret. Thursday night, the embargo lifts. Avoid screenshots/videos for spoilers.

I think the twist will be that Nicholas Cage invented the virus

DLCOTY contender? You bet your sweet ass it is

I hope I hear awesome things and decide to play this! It's so extremely rare that DLC comes out that's good and that I feel motivated to play...

I sold my PS3 and gave TLoU to a friend without considering this...

What have I done?! I guess youtube will give me my sweet Naughty Dog action. 

Installing 47%....

This is taking longer than I though it would :) you'd have to pull an all nighter if you had poor Internets

It weighs in at around 5GBs

Finished. That was really great.

Took me 2 hours 46 mins if anyone's interested, playing on hard. I died quite a few times I don't know if that is factored in to the play time on the save file.....?

Ellie solidifies herself as just about the most likeable video game character ever, although she does have a bit of a potty mouth. IM THE BRICK FUCKING MASTER

Would recommend :tup:

Finished. That was really great.

Took me 2 hours 46 mins if anyone's interested, playing on hard. I died quite a few times I don't know if that is factored in to the play time on the save file.....?

Ellie solidifies herself as just about the most likeable video game character ever, although she does have a bit of a potty mouth. IM THE BRICK FUCKING MASTER

Would recommend :tup:

Yep, loved it as well. I don't think I ever seen so much care put into crafting the characters, which should be a priority in games that care for the storytelling.

This DLC is fantastic, it's almost better than the main game. I loved how now you can lure the infected into fighting the human enemies, they should have done it in the main game too. Also, it has way less fighting and repetition of traversal mechanics (they only messed up a bit in one segment with the fighting though).

This team is really talented, Neil Druckman is great once again with the storytelling.

I liked it as well, especially the more I think about it. I had my doubts about their ability to tell a whole new story and make me care about it the way I did the main game, but they pulled it off. 

especially with that dance scene, which I just thought was really sweet. Also I could play a whole squirt gun based game.

Agreed about making the infected/humans fight each other, that was really cool and not really tutorialized or anything. They just leave you some bricks and enemies around and make you feel really smart for making them kill each other. I also think, character-wise, it's a nice combo between Ellie at the beginning of the game and Ellie at the end. 

I loved just about every minute of this. The amazingly heartfelt relationship, the parallels and contrast between past and present situations and settings, and the ending was spot on.

I'm also really curious to know what Hot Scoops thought about how they approached the relationship themes.

(PS. Druckman is a Thumbs Games Themes Stealer)