Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 7: His Toy-Making Genius

Terminal7 7: 

506__cover.jpg

His Toy-Making Genius
Is NBN a cold, unfeeling corporate monolith with little respect for privacy and even less for ethics? Special guest and NBN PR Director Leigh Alexander says nothing could be farther from the truth! She joins Nels and Jesse to talk about what is without question her favourite faction. From the misunderstood Jackson Howard to the tag avalanche of Midseason Replacements, NBN is definitely one an unusual but exciting organization. Also examined is the Criminal faction, with their crushing events and endless fonts of money.

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner (Don't expect this will change much)

Blackguard is actually coming in Fear and Loathing, the very next data pack. Get excited!

Blackguard is actually coming in Fear and Loathing, the very next data pack. Get excited!

Oh whoa, really? Well crap, here comes the expose party! :D

Hey!

Could you guys, or perhaps Leigh herself, post her awesome NBN Swag 'N' Bag decklist?

I've been trying to get the hang out a Tag Storm deck that doesn't necessarily go for the Scorched Earth flatline.

Thanks!

Hey!

Could you guys, or perhaps Leigh herself, post her awesome NBN Swag 'N' Bag decklist?

I've been trying to get the hang out a Tag Storm deck that doesn't necessarily go for the Scorched Earth flatline.

Thanks!

I don't think Leigh's posted it yet, but if she does, I'll definitely link it on here!

Time to bust out the Zaibatsu Loyalty :D

Oh, I love that Zaibatsu Loyalty. No trap-heavy deck is right without it! At least not until Honour & Profit, when we get traps that fire on access *or* expose.

I actually shudder with delight whenever I think of the Jinteki possibilities presented in the Honor & Profit expansion. And then a little more when I think about all the meta changes going to happen because of it and the lunar cycle stacked on top. 

Can we expect any H&P chat in the next Terminal7 episode?

Also: give us timezone-challenged people who live outside the americas a little more twitter notice to send questions/input before episodes are recorded please!

Can we expect any H&P chat in the next Terminal7 episode?

Don't think so, no. Generally I don't think it's the best use of our limited recording time to go on about cards that won't actually be playable for months ... as much as I'd like to! Especially as far as H&P is concerned. Next episode will be Fear & Loathing and for completeness sake, we'll probably talk about the Neutral cards like we did all the other factions. Heh, even though the point of discussing those factions was kind of to identify their flavour and theme and by definition, the Neutral cards don't really have any ;)

Also: give us timezone-challenged people who live outside the americas a little more twitter notice to send questions/input before episodes are recorded please!

Ah ha, good idea. I didn't want to put it up hours in advance since if there's a mountain of responses, there's no way we'd be able to get to all of the. But it is probably a good idea to just cast a wider net time-wise and just take the best of the best.

Leigh's comment about preferring to play Netrunner in person cause there is more tells remind me of online v in person poker. The same is true but playing alot of online poker helps against really good poker players face to face because of one things they work on is eliminating their tells meaning that a person who maybe isn't the best mechanically but is good at reading people will hit a brick wall in tournaments.

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy here but I would love to hear Leigh back on the cast. It would be amazing to hear her take on Data and Destiny and since the last time she was on the cast, how her play and deck have progressed.

I have to say, I just started listening less than a week ago and I am on ep31. This episode really made me want to play and drove home the world play and how one can not only play the game but like a book get lost in the amazing fluff.

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy here but I would love to hear Leigh back on the cast. It would be amazing to hear her take on Data and Destiny and since the last time she was on the cast, how her play and deck have progressed.

I have to say, I just started listening less than a week ago and I am on ep31. This episode really made me want to play and drove home the world play and how one can not only play the game but like a book get lost in the amazing fluff.

Well then - https://www.idlethumbs.net/terminal7/episodes/amusement-unshackled :D