clyde

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight 2014

That was awesome. I love Amnesia Fortnight. It's pretty much the best thing ever. 

Last video was great. Penn seems so sad and disappointed.  :sad:  :frown:

By the way, there was one video where Brad Muir talked about how he basically worked on the part of Psychonauts people considered to be not very good (me included). It really struck me and made me think about how the people making the games are fully aware of its shortcomings - probably more than anybody else.

Yeah, that's almost universally true.  It makes me glad these videos are public.

Hey they put the day 9 video up. 

we all love you bkbroiler :P

s-screw you guys! *runs home*

Last video was great. Penn seems so sad and disappointed.  :sad:  :frown:

Yeah the difference between Mnemonic and Little Best Buds at the beginning and ends of the project is really interesting. Pink buds turns out to be maybe too crazy of an idea to work as a game, and Mnemonic came together with the help of the whole team to make a game that really fit the original "memory" vision.

I hope someone comes in and decides to fund Mnemonic. I would love to play a finished and fully functional version of that.

I hope the easy-mode in Little Pink Best Buds ended up being optional. I want to see what it's like to talk with a bunch of broken chat-bots at the same time. I think that I may enjoy it whether or not it works right. At the same time I understand why they would put a skip button in. I just hope that I can play the broken part of the game as long as I like.

I'm also really interested in seeing what they managed to accomplish for Dear Leader. JP LeBreton sounded like he was trying to use the opportunity for an attempt to achieve some ideals in simulation-design. That type of effort really comes through for me when I consume art, even when it's just an attempt.

s-screw you guys! *runs home*

Yeah the difference between Mnemonic and Little Best Buds at the beginning and ends of the project is really interesting. Pink buds turns out to be maybe too crazy of an idea to work as a game, and Mnemonic came together with the help of the whole team to make a game that really fit the original "memory" vision.

I hope someone comes in and decides to fund Mnemonic. I would love to play a finished and fully functional version of that.

I think it's more that Best Buds doesn't work as a two-week prototype. I think it could still work as a full game.

I think it's more that Best Buds doesn't work as a two-week prototype. I think it could still work as a full game.

It's definitely been the game to watch in these videos. So ambitious, and it's remarkable how much they accomplished. I can't wait to learn what the potatoes are.

Does anybody know where to find the demos streams?  The double fine twitch account just seems to be a bunch of long rebroadcasts of the 2PP vids.

And he REALLY didn't seem into it at some points. Tim is pretty brutally honest when he plays games, it seems. I love it.

And he REALLY didn't seem into it at some points. Tim is pretty brutally honest when he plays games, it seems. I love it.

I'll have to watch it again.  I don't remember what was going wrong, if he was pressured for time, or what, but he was pissed at it.

He was almost joyous at Steed.  Actually, I don't know if I've heard any negativity toward it in general.

Actually playing those prototypes can be rough. I could only really play Black Lake last time.

I'll have to watch it again.  I don't remember what was going wrong, if he was pressured for time, or what, but he was pissed at it.

He was almost joyous at Steed.  Actually, I don't know if I've heard any negativity toward it in general.

I guess he's never that harsh, but he never pretends to overly enjoy something if he's not. He definitely seemed to have the highest impression of Steed.

I redeemed my prototypes on Steam but for some reason I don't have Little Pink Best Buds. Anyone else experiencing that issue? It's a separate key in the Humble Bundle for whatever reason, but I did redeem it!

I redeemed my prototypes on Steam but for some reason I don't have Little Pink Best Buds. Anyone else experiencing that issue? It's a separate key in the Humble Bundle for whatever reason, but I did redeem it!

a lot of people apparently, looking at GAF. I haven't paid for that tier so I dunno. 

Mnemonic on Steam didn't work for me for some reason and I had to download in from HB.

Well as long as I'm not the only one, I'll hold back on making a fuss for now.

I played some Steed :tmeh: I still don't see anything special coming out of this one

Mnenomic wouldn't start with the steam install, have to try the normal download.

Dear Leader: Double Fine should spend 6 months and make this a $10 game of the same "length" and content size as Papers Please.

Little Pink Buds: ... wtf ... I... erm.

I got stuck in Pink buds.  That game is disappointingly broken in a lot of ways.

I heard it mentioned in the documentary, but they really didn't tackle the audio balance properly. Anybody other than the active bud should be at like 30% volume or less.   "Shut up" and "go away" commands need to be added for some player sanity.  I know it's part of their character, but I felt myself being extremely frustrated by the cacophony.

LPBB is the one I most desperatedly want to be turned into a full game, even though it's the most frustrating mess out of all the prototypes.

Actually, the other three prototypes are very playable! LPBB has nice things to offer though, storywise, but gameplaywise it still has a looong way to go, as was to be expected...

Steed seems like the one with the most immediately obvious appeal, but watching the wrapup video for it they didn't seem to have much idea of how to turn it into a bigger game. They immediately began thinking, for lack of a better term, completely inside the box. Maybe you get more melee moves, maybe you take on different missions - basically an open-world brawler but with a horse - which sounds terrible.

Seems like they made a game initially based on Shadow of the Colossus, but when SotC no longer worked as the template they got stuck.

Edit: I also think it illustrates something Chris brings up a lot on the cast: how easy it is to make default decisions or fall into established patterns without really thinking about them.

Little Pink Best Buds chat-system doesn't seem to work at all. I feel like I'm asking baby questions and getting no responses. The only time it seems to work is when I'm asked a yes or no question. I haven't found a single question or phrase that they are capable of responding to. I would think questions like "Who lives in the house?" would have had some sort of prepared statement. All I get is "The house is back." once and then nothing. For me, this prototype was largely about the open input. I can't even figure out any key-words. 

Edit:

I give up. If anyone can figure out how to get into the house, please put it in a spoiler-tag for me.