clyde

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight 2014

Man, so glad this thread exists. I tried and failed to find these summaries on several official online places I looked. I probably didn't try hard enough or something?

Man, so glad this thread exists. I tried and failed to find these summaries on several official online places I looked. I probably didn't try hard enough or something?

2012's videos were behind a paywall on the humblebundle site until very recently. This year they've just been releasing them via Double Fine's YouTube channel.

I just noticed that the total for AF2014 is hanging around $170K, with less than two hours to go. Last year they pulled in $240K. I wonder how this will affect AF going forward. I really expected them to bring in more money this time, given how successful the last one is. But I bought in at a pretty low level, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

I just noticed that the total for AF2014 is hanging around $170K, with less than two hours to go. Last year they pulled in $240K. I wonder how this will affect AF going forward. I really expected them to bring in more money this time, given how successful the last one is. But I bought in at a pretty low level, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

I might be a bit too optimistic about the prototypes, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people get a little bit jealy once it's know that you can type weird shit into a Pendleton Ward game and little pink people will say weird shit. Maybe that will raise the demand for next time. 

Also people were excited to be supporting Double Fine directly, and the self-funding landscape is drastically different these days.

I catched a glimpse of the crazy stuff that starts happening in Little Pink Best Buds on the live stream. I tried to avoid the potatoes, but didn't manage it fully. Well, they promised there will be more crazy stuff happening in the prototype than was shown and mentioned. I'm looking forward to it!

I was really impressed by what I saw of all four prototypes in the stream today.

Humble Bundle ran a Double Fine weekly bundle when they launched the Amnesia Fortnight campaign.  The bundle sales were about 200K and the impression I got was that it was part of paying for AF. 

Maybe putting the docs behind a paywall last time increased purchases, too.

The docs are a huge incentive to me.  When the Massive Chalice stated they would release docs (which turned out to be team streams and not edited videos) publicly it definitely put me at a wait and see place as I don't have immediate interest/past experience in tactics games.

Also, hello all!

I love how the day 9 and 10 video thumbnails look like the start of a slideshow of Ben realizing someone is next to him.

I love how the day 9 and 10 video thumbnails look like the start of a slideshow of Ben realizing someone is next to him.

and how he turned into a pokemon master as a result.

one of the cameramen is a dunsparce

so when do we get to play the prototypes? 

By the way, there was one video where Brad Muir talked about how he basically worked on the part of Psychonauts people considered to be not very good (me included). It really struck me and made me think about how the people making the games are fully aware of its shortcomings - probably more than anybody else.