clyde

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight 2014

Gotta admit that I'm a little disappointed in the games they picked. Maybe I'll eat my words, but none of them seem like they'll be great two week products.

Wow.... The adventure game didn't even make it to the finals... That's kinda depressing.

I don't really care about any of the game that won, if the horse game becomes a full game, it's still be one I'd get while it was on sale... reluctantly. :|

Wow.... The adventure game didn't even make it to the finals... That's kinda depressing.

There are more than enough navel-gazing, self-aggrandizing video games out there for every genre. We didn't need another one! Especially as a prorotype.

I think basically every concept that was pitched and made it to the second round will sit in the backs of the creator's minds. People responded to this, they will remember, and maybe if I polish it up a little it'll be even better.

That was my very first thought when I first started voting. I didn't like any of his ideas, really.

Also like 3 of them he imagined as iphone games.

There are more than enough navel-gazing, self-aggrandizing video games out there for every genre. We didn't need another one! Especially as a prorotype.

yup. 

Man, what a drag realizing Pendleton Ward's dumb game takes a spot from DF games. Of course I should have known that but didn't think about it. Anyway, none of the games I was really interested in made it.

I'm actually ok with him making a game and the game I voted for won, but think of it this way, maybe it helped get the Amnesia Fortnite some extra funding and some Adventure Time fans have discovered Doublefine and will buy some of their games. At least it will be fun to see him participate in the daily streams for the next two weeks.

I'm looking forward to watching the development of Little Pink Best Buds. How cool would it be if they manage to make a village of unique characters that vary wildly in interaction for the prototype? It would be a neat little thing to explore.

Mmm, it's so salty in here. Yummy.

I'm happy with the games picked although I really liked What Could Go Wrong coming out of the last round of interviews, but I think it was just difficult for a horror game to win.

I liked the creativity of Pen Ward's pitches but yeah they mostly weren't great as game pitches. I'm glad LPBB was the one that was picked since it was the most intriguing. 

Didn't vote for any of the three finalists, and think only Dear Leader has any hope of becoming something resembling a game in two weeks. The other two struck me as really pie in the sky and far from being nailed down.

Well, Black Lake was a really vague pitch last year, too, and it turned out to be one of the best prototypes. Of course barely anything is nailed down at this stage yet. A game idea will have to become concrete when it's executed upon, when it faces the realities of game development.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a vague idea of tone and possibly some incomplete gameplay mechanics, because the whole point of prototyping is to invent that stuff.

In the first round I voted for Fathomless, ExtraTerrarium, and Reentry. In the second round I voted for Mnemonic, Dear Leader, and Ether. That being said, I'm pumped to see all three of these games get prototyped. They are all designs I could see turning into something great. Really curious to see what Steed turns into, and I feel like I can see where Mnemonic and Dear Leader are going, but they're games I want to play. As for Little Pink Best Buds, I feel like it will either end up being extremely weird or a very interesting and surprising experiment. I'm most curious to see how that one turns out. There were so many great pitches this year. I want them all.

I made my votes partially based on what I though would be interesting to watch the development of, so to that end I'm pretty happy with the results. All of the games are pretty different from each other, and all of them are ones that I voted for, or wanted to vote for but couldn't because I didn't have enough votes.

I have to finish my thesis, and I'm considering leaving the stream up on the other screen.

Somebody destroy me.

*edit* Oh thank goodness, the stream is just re-broadcasting day 0.

Dear Leader is going to be amazing.

I really hope so. Nothing on footage has really articulated it well yet I think.

I'm so excited to watch this. It's such a bummer to not get to be part of it again, but it'll be fun to see the documentaries from the outside.

I wish Lee Petty had gotten to make his game, but him being on Dear Leader (along with Anna Kipnis and Gabe Miller) really stacks that team, so I'm super optimistic about it.

I've been so looking forward to this! My podcast was completely dedicated to AF last week, and even this week it's all I want to discuss.

All of these games could be great, but I'm really rooting for Derek Brand and his team. He seems nervous, understandably so, but I love the concept and the theme of Mnemonic and am looking forward to seeing what the team does with it.

I'm lost. Where do I find the episodes?

The Humble Bundle store page only shows the livestream. The Library page only has links to the demos from last year. Where should I be looking?

Uhhh... so why did I just pay money if the videos are going to be public?

For the games and the right to vote. And to back the endeavour or creation of the video series.

I've seen this from a few people and I hope they don't react in a similar way when the DFA videos go public. This stuff should be available to everyone.