Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 144: Gimme Some More

Yoshi's Island isn't easy if you are trying to 100% it and unlock all the levels. I did that finally a few years back and while I did a lot of cursing, I never felt it was explicitly unfair. I'm both confused why Jake says the game is easy and why Zack says it is so hard he couldn't even casually finish the first world.

Yoshi's Story on the other hand, which I am playing right now, is garbage design for so many reasons.

I still carry the emotional scars of expecting Yoshi's Story to be Yoshi's Island 2. Ugh. 

"Oh, you liked Yoshi's Island? You consider it one of gaming's masterpieces? Well, here's what betrayal feels like."

Eventually, we were given Yoshi's Island DS, which was, in fact, Yoshi's Island 2, but it was so disappointing.

"Oh, you liked Yoshi's Island? You consider it one of gaming's masterpieces? Well, here's what betrayal feels like."

I suspect that was similar to the feeling of expecting Yoshi's Island to be Super Mario World 2.

Oh ho! You are probably correct!

(Tough, fans of Mario platformers, you're going to have to wait until 2006 to get another proper platformer (unless you count Six Golden Coins))

Hey guys I heard about this cool video game podcast so I decided to check it out, it was pretty cool and I liked listening to it. I thought the four people who were on it worked really well together, is that the same crew you have every week? I hope so. I will keep downloading it and listening to it if that is the case.

edit: lol I posted this in the wrong thread

:lol: Hahaha, what is this?

Eventually, we were given Yoshi's Island DS, which was, in fact, Yoshi's Island 2, but it was so disappointing.

I don't blame Nintendo so much for that since it was developed by a third party studio.

So I mentioned Fallen London - the creators of that game announced they're working on something for BioWare. Given that BioWare is very much interested in branching narrative and Failbetter Games are frankly better at it, it's interesting, although there's basically nothing to say about it.

Wow, somehow I didn't even know that this game existed! I must have thought it was a re-make ala Super Mario Advance. Is it worth playing if I loved the original Yoshi's Island?

It's pretty mediocre. Artoon, the third party developer that worked on it (referenced above by syntheticgerbil) decided to add in more babies, which should satisfy your intense desire for a crying baby Wario. Also, because it required you to shoot eggs to the top screen at time, the gap between the DS screens makes the game more annoying than it should be. The greatest sin is that the level designs aren't super inspired, which means you find yourself playing only because you remember a better game that it look and plays like. That's the worst reason to ever play a video game, everybody! I like to think about it like Yoshi's Island methadone. 

So in this episode Chris started reading my email and then moved it into the 'To Read' folder which I'm pretty sure is the place where emails go to never be read on the podcast. Should I just post it here instead? Do people want to see deleted scenes?