clyde

Amateur Game Making Night

Have you considered making a system for lighting whole rooms and corridors instead of individual sections? That would probably feel better unless you're going for space horror.

That's actually what I started off with. Each room has its own overhead light, and that works fine, I'm just turning them off when I walk around because I think it's neat. I will probably turn that off though - I'm not going for space horror and it does lend that atmosphere at the moment.

Keep 'em coming. I'm loving this.

Edit: I got one:

Ghoul's Fold

Ghoul of the Nile

Hahahaha I died at Ghoul's Fold

Ghoul Thief

Ghoul to the Death

The Reign of Mayor Ghouliani (political thriller set in 1970s Ghoul York City)

Acting Masterclass with Peter O'Ghoul

The Seven Apostghouls 

Tomghoulerry

To contribute to the thread, here's a nice tutorial for non-programmers on how to make 3d spaces in Unity: http://workshops.ko-opmode.com/

The Hostess with the Ghostess, you host a haunted dinner part.

Ghost Recon: Ghoul edition

This is an allround excellent page so far.

Man UE4 (and dem spaceships) looks amazing. Does it have those shaders out of the box? That's so much better than Unity. And I think I saw Magenta Sunset via Warpdoor or something, cool to see it was made by you Lacabra  :)

Cool :) Yeah, I'm not using any particularly non-standard shaders so far, you can do all this shit outtathebox.

Spaceship can have rooms and halls of whatever size/height now:

This is definitely a better video than I have had before of this this space thing:

A lot of this I did today. The whole conversation-with-computer-to-renovate-the-ship thing was today. A bad thing about watching the video is you can't tell what dialogue options I'm choosing but you can probably figure it out. Things I'm particularly fond of: having a lot of possible strings for the computer saying basically the same stuff in different words, being able to knock out walls unless it would (theoretically) get you sucked out into space, having it automatically place a locked door instead of a doorway if the wall you're working on just has space behind it, automatically unlocking the door if a room appears behind it. 

Amazing, as always. And yeah, the light stuff is much clearer now. Before.. it wasn't that the lights were turning on that bothered me but the fact that .. the exposure was adjusting itself every time you crossed into another room, resulting in a bright flash on the screen? I think.

This is good. So good. When's it out? ;)

Looks like how one of those management sims like Evil Genius or Spacebase would look in a first person perspective. You just need to give the player a tablet they can draw rooms and assign workers with and you're golden.

It would of course appear in game as the map in Far Cry 2.

And it would be a space pub and you would call it Bar Fly 2

The first Bar Fly was revolutionary but didn't hold up to critics

Has anyone heard of MaKey MaKey? My boss was telling me about it at lunch but hadn't actually bought one yet; basically it's a little circuit board that lets you turn anything that conducts electricity into a PC input. In the demo video they control DDR with 4 buckets of water, play Mario with a banana, and make a banana keyboard. No idea why they like bananas so much but it seems like it'd be a lot of fun to make some weird controllers, so I kinda want to pick one up.

Hey thanks! I didn't see that. Pretty shitty spot in the video, they thought it was an archvis thing I guess, but the post is good.

In other good news for me Magenta got on RPS. Best.

I like how that one sees the void and then gets a boost as if to say "Don't mind if I do!"

I'm back working on Spacething for a bit. Today I added in-game building of multi-level rooms (basically you can add rooms above and below other rooms and delete floors and ceilings provided to do so wouldn't leave you facing empty space). I really like this vine

https://vine.co/v/OKnnIr0Il2b

I hope it'll be called Spacething when it's out!

(and this still looks amazing!)