Sign in to follow this  
lkernests

Idle Thumbs Book Club - Did I miss a hiatus annoucement?

So... I may have missed it but... is the Idle Book Club defunct? On hiatus? If it was in the podcast's I've been avoiding the last few until I read the books.

Edited by lkernests

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any talk here or on the podcasts about it coming back. I think it's fair to say everyone involved has had an extraordinarily busy year, and I imagine it demands more of everyone's time than other casts. I miss it, though. Each one definitely added to my enjoyment of each book, and nudged me towards good ones I may never have read otherwise. Thanks, guys!

We're just terrible. We'd like to bring it back though! I think it'll be easier in the coming months, for various reasons.

Pick really easy books. Like Charlotte's Web. Everyone likes Charlotte's Web.

Where's wally is pretty good. And it is collaborative. It will help the Campo Santo team spirit.

Where's Wally in audio format would be an interesting podcasting challenge.

Sounds like Idle Book Club is finally coming back:

https://twitter.com/idlebookclub/status/679404928150843392

Really looking forward to it! :tup:

Have you selected the next book yet? Somehow I assume it is not Wolf Hall anymore*..

Also, again, if possible, please announce the books for the next two months in advance, because... you know... slow readers.

* Edit: Missed Chris confirming this.

We have picked the first book! It's Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. We haven't recorded that episode yet -- expect it by the beginning of February -- but we did record a "zero episode" that reintroduces the podcast and we hopefully get people excited. I know I am excited to get Chris to read books with me again.

I have huge misgivings about Fates and Furies because it looks like it comes from the MFA school of flowery prose over everything else school of novel writing that seems to be SUPER in these days, but I ordered it anyways on faith because I am looking forward to this.

Sweet. Is it Fates and Furies I or Fates and Furies VII though? Or one of the inbetweens which aren't as good?