subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

The down vote is probably from fake scoops.

Blambo, Rich Uncle is my favourite, I sometimes just stare at it.

We need to archive this for future generations of readers. You know... For after the robot uprising

I imagine this will be what the average idle thumbs reader will look like in the year 2300

tumblr_mdup140BwJ1qdsn2jo1_500.jpg

Strangely, in the future, critical thinking in video games is really popular amongst the cannibal crowd. Who knew?

If we start now we could do something really special for the 20th anniversary. How difficult do you think it would be to acquire sperm samples of each of the thumbs crew? Picture it, 10 years from now, the 20th anniversary weird thing committee live stream, Sean once again takes the role of opener of the large package that arrived mysteriously in the post. As the package is opened, laughter and joviality quickly changes into stunned looks of horror as we hear a child's voice "hello fathers.....baboo"

Watching everyone in this community come together for this project, anticipating it's arrival, and seeing their reactions was such an amazing, awesome experience! 

Blambo, your post was really rad to see, and your artwork is just incredible!! (as was everyone's else's)
I've never really participated in "internet communities" before this one, but it's so rad to be part of such a cool community!!!

Anyway it's probably dumb for me to get all gushy over such a weird things, but that was seriously so awesome.

That single down vote is slightly perplexing. I imagine it's from a jealous member of a rival podcast

People misclick sometimes. I'm pretty sure it was accidental

Watched the stream this morning before getting to work, and just watched it again. It's my thumbs moment of the year so far.

People misclick sometimes. I'm pretty sure it was accidental

Culprit found!

The other day I was thinking about what video game characters could best represent the Thumbs. I thought of Lord Remo as the little Spelunky dude (which was weird because not 2 days later it appeared on his stream - crazily perfect!), Famous would be some kind of DOTA lord (of which I know nothing - they've all got horns, right?) and Video Games would obviously be Mario. Breckon would be a solitary chair with a spike on it.

There's only one of these that I could possibly bodge together using generic photo editing software (apart from the Breckon one, but fuck that guy).

7ea9705b-74cb-4f17-b877-35978c718d1e_zps

'JVGR', pixel on GIF

Really needs to be on a tiny '90s pinbadge. They still make those?

EDIT. Just spent lunch going back through the thread - I had somehow missed the page with Chris' Spelunky sprites. Of course, it HAD to be Blambo! Talented chap.

Long time listener, seldom poster, but I just had to pop in and say thank you to everyone involved in this. Seeing all these Thumbs-isms made manifest in the most perfect way really brings me joy. I can't express how wonderful it is to know there exists out there a physical painting of J Allard as 'Cool Uncle'. Hooray for you!

Now somebody needs to figure out a way to trick Allard and Kotick into seeing their portraits, but in a low-key, non-committal way, like it's totally normal to have a portrait of a complete stranger as a renaissance dandy in your office.

We need to archive this for future generations of readers. You know... For after the robot uprising

I imagine this will be what the average idle thumbs reader will look like in the year 2300

tumblr_mdup140BwJ1qdsn2jo1_500.jpg

Where's that from? I can't unsee Hugh Grant but I'm guessing it's not a Rom-Com so...

Where's that from? I can't unsee Hugh Grant but I'm guessing it's not a Rom-Com so...

It was surprisingly satisfying to see Hugh Grant and Tom Hanks—two 90s rom-com heroes—fighting to the death in a nightmarish dystopian future.

Can someone tell me which in episode the Thumbs started referring to Kotick and Allard as Rich Uncle and Cool Uncle?

Can someone tell me which in episode the Thumbs started referring to Kotick and Allard as Rich Uncle and Cool Uncle?

I don't think they have...I thought that was just a Blambo joke. 

I heard Rich/Cool Uncle on a pretty recent episode. I think they were talking about commissioning portraits of Allard and Kotick, about campo santo starting up and having a portrait of Jake in the offices (which is why I painted the original portrait). Gah I don't remember which episode but it was in the last twenty I think.