subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

For the first time in my internet community life, I feel that a moment is deserving of this gif

4-Citizen-Kane.gif

Best. Thanks so much for recording the opening, 'casters (and Doug).

And Subbes, you've been absolutely outstanding.

...I don't know if this is the right venue to ask but, on the subject of amazing art, I was wondering if some of our Idle Thumbs Digital Portrait Painters might be willing to conduct some sort of tutorial, retrospective or how-to for those of us wanting to get [back] into digital drawing? An Idle Thumbs Art U, if you will?

So much Thumb love right now <3 My only wish is that one day Olly can be allowed on-screen during the livestreams :'(

My body regrets that I stayed up to watch the stream (and then watched it again several more times).  My spirit regrets nothing and I'm still stupidly happy about this whole thing.

I've been following this whole saga since page 1 and that was just the most satisfying conclusion. Love how taken aback they all looked when their own portraits came out.

We should have rigged the box with a little speaker that, as it was opened, sang a Thumb-sung chorus of "I'd love to take you on a slow boat to China". Next time!

This was clearly the best thing. The very very best thing.

You guys are so cool.

So much Thumb love right now <3 My only wish is that one day Olly can be allowed on-screen during the livestreams :'(

Olly has been on Chris' last two Spelunky dailies. Watch them on his twitch channel!

Aw, they missed the Boston Dynamics logo on CyberSteve. Hopefully they noticed before the cast so we can hear more of Jake's nightmares.

BIG DOG STATUS: CONFIRMED

So this has been an incredibly awesome ride for me so far. I had only marginally been thinking about doing art, and family pressures and self-doubt had prevented me from pursuing that track earlier in life, but this whole experience as a sort of testbed for myself made showed me that more than anything I'd like to make cool stuff for cool people for a living!

I was really astonished when I found such a supportive and enthusiastic (if a little adorably creepy) community behind one of my favorite podcasts, and I'm definitely staying for you cool cool people. Even in the short time I've been here, just seeing that there are openminded and enthusiastic folks (especially on the internet) willing that do crazy things like this has greatly influenced my life in the past few weeks. I'll be taking commissions or applying to internships somewhere, building up my portfolio and sprucing up my shambles ass tumblr in the meantime.

Anyway I'm almost done with the sap (promise!), so thanks to Idle Thumbs for ten years of amazingness, thanks to everyone for their support throughout this whole thing, and especially to subbes for putting it all together!

We saw the Boston dynamics logo right after we finished podcasting. An ill portent.

I'll have you guys know I barely slept last night, but it was because I was so wound up with exhilarated happiness from opening that package. Not because of Steve's secret BigDog leanings.

Edit: Blambo!!!!!!! :)...;(....:D

This was amazing, and I only wish I had seen this thread soon enough to contribute.

Now we just need to swap out the portrait of Breckon with a subtly aging and more grotesque version a few times over the next few months.

Can you guys post the archieved twitch stream up on to your youtube channel? More easily accessible/shareable that way

Can you guys post the archieved twitch stream up on to your youtube channel? More easily accessible/shareable that way

Should already be up.

Magic

That single down vote is slightly perplexing. I imagine it's from a jealous member of a rival podcast

Hey subbes, embed this in the first post (this is probably the part where you tell me you already have, I'll go check)

Hey subbes, embed this in the first post (this is probably the part where you tell me you already have, I'll go check)

Thanks for the reminder!  I just edited it into the first post.  :)

Just watched the video, that's ridiculously charming.  The glee and wonder as each piece was revealed was amazing.

Thanks to all the IT guys for the joy they bring us, and thank you to everyone who helped make their gift happen.