subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

Thanks for the kind words!

the only thing I can think of the sneak a Congrats Nick in there is UV paint or microscopic imperfections in the cloth of his uniform that form clear but jumbled messages

Beautiful letter, Jake the UI design & font lover will certainly appreciate it. Most Famous Player is missing (?) and speaking of famous, if custom sizes aren't a problem Famous portrait could be cropped to 20"h x 14"w (empty space from both sides off to resemble the baseball card more) but it's fine as it is now too.

Oh, you're right, sorry, I'll fix that.

Answer to other questions:  I don't do this for a living, but I do collect fountain pens as a hobby and like to use them.  I'm not skilled enough to call it "calligraphy" yet. :)

I have all the canvases in my cart ready to order but I was told there might be a last-minute edit to the Nick canvas, so I didn't finalize the purchase last night.  I'd like to order these canvases today though.

I studied German but always used the Neuter article for everything because I'm an idiot moron.

Oh uh, I don't know German at all.

Would it be like...Der Überweinhändler?

Then you lose the dots on the a - those also indicate that it's multiple :)

If you want to say that Nick (singular) is the biggest baddest wine seller around you'd say Der Überweinhandler.

Ah ok that's interesting. Is that a special case or a rule?

So we should change the official name to Der Überweinhandler

Changing title to Der.  Buying canvases now.  Tired, speak like Shatner.

Canvases ordered!

The digital proofs will come tomorrow or Monday;  if they are OK then the canvases will take aother week to be created and shipped.

post-8532-0-73575500-1391119525_thumb.png

Ha, I may not sleep until I have completed messing with PHP at my real job.  This was my lunch break.  :)

Yeah, good job to everyone involved. This is definitely one of the best things the internet has produced.

man, in hindsight, I should have had you ship the jake portrait to me, and then I could have left it, with no mailing label, on his doorstep.

WOW Rich/Cool Uncle Diptych is incredible. Would hang in my office, baffling everyone I know.

If it weren't for the increased logistics and cost I would suggest spacing out the deliveries to like one a week or something (except Kotick/Allard which should obviously be together).

Did I mention before that these are all amazing? They are all amazing.

There's still time to intercept the package before it gets to their office.

man, in hindsight, I should have had you ship the jake portrait to me, and then I could have left it, with no mailing label, on his doorstep.

On the other hand, having them arrive all at once is going to be pretty epic. By rights there should be a camera crew there to Reality TV it or something.

Intercept the packages before they arrive, then have people follow the Thumbs as they go to the Campo Santo office with the artwork so they pass each one several times.