subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

So, I was absolutely depressed because of a topic currently being discussed in the Feminism thread, but this made me smile wider than I have in a long time.

Thank you, to everyone who helped fund this.

Thank you, to all of the artists who provided their time and ideas

Thank you Subbes for being committed enough to have this all happen.

This community is outstanding, and I love that you are willing to thank the Thumbs with such devotion.

edit: also, in regards to my earlier comments about 'Congrats Nick' I was very much so joking. Can't wait to see what you all make for him.

Actually

I was thinking of putting him in stark lighting and a german military uniform and calling it "die uberweinhandler"

just wanted to run this by everyone because the joke potential of this portrait seems too high to mess it up

EDIT:

I've already done a lot of art for this, so I think it'd be best to have another person try at Nick. But if no one would like to commit to a Nick by subbes' deadline, I'll make one

I like that there's diversity in the styles of portraits - but you are so good in capturing likenesses and that classical feel that would fit Nick very well. Also with a bit different tone you're going with (stark lighting and a military uniform) it should stand out from the reneissance trilogy. So do it, please.

...A terrible thought just happened in my sleepy brain... Goldblum anyone? (IF there's funding & artist quickly found of course).

I'm sure everyone knows that it's the sixth love language

• Words of Affirmation
  • Quality Time
  • Gifts
  • Acts of Service
  • Physical Touch
  • Fond Mockery

Not to rain on the awesomeness party for digital watercolor master Blambo, but in the spirit of sharing, diversity, and an irrational and annoying fear of people being left out, was there a thought that SyntheticGerbil might be up for doing a Real Nick or was that resolved?

Blambo, did you get back to Steve about your real name for crediting on the Wiki page? I'd hate for that brilliant image to get denied placement on Video Games' wiki page.

I checked some of syntheticgerbil's stuff and yeah Nick from him would be awesome as well (maybe F Nick & L Nick, 2 Nick 2 much?).

Man, was going to donate but then stupidly forgot when I got home and crawled directly into bed. Maybe next time we do something dumb like this again.

Oh wow, I just checked the first post and saw my horrendous gif was there. That was just for shits and giggles, yo! :lol:

Also, that Sean baseball card looks fucking awesome!

My gif's title is "A Scoopful of Introspection". Cuz' why the fuck not?

Thanks, somehow I find it really funny that Obama's jacket is open when Sean is dominating.

Are there sufficient funds left to also get some custom trading cards made of the Sean pic?  I'd be willing to up my donation to make that happen, but I also understand not wanting to delay production any longer.

Thanks subbes for organising all of this, opening the donations window a bit longer, and putting all of the art in the first post.

I love the Rich Uncle / Cool Uncle diptych and will probably make it into wallpaper :tup:

Blambo, did you get back to Steve about your real name for crediting on the Wiki page? I'd hate for that brilliant image to get denied placement on Video Games' wiki page.

Yup, I had to put it up on flickr and put a Creative Commons license on it. It's his wiki photo now.

Lol I have so many photos of nick breckon on my hard drive now

Is there a crease down the pic? It's driving me mildly insane every time I see it.

Lol I have so many photos of nick breckon on my hard drive now

That will be fun to explain to the police!  :)

Except Steve already looked in this thread and saw his name and left to avoid more spoilers, so now he's probably anticipating some form of picture of himself.. :sad: