subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

Holy shit it's huge! Is that the intended size of the CEOs, or would those be even bigger?

I ordered the Jake piece on a huge canvas - hence why it cost a couple of hundred bucks.  The other artworks are slated for smaller canvases because we don't have (6 * $200) $1,200 left in the donation fund.

Glad to see that it arrived and was anonymous.  I have the gift note drafted but I won't lay pen to paper until at least tomorrow, because the "last minute" donation window is open for another 11 hours.

Just saw twitter explode about this. Incredible. Idle Thumbs fans are the best fans.

Finally we have our Duke of Video Games.

It's very tempting to reply to all the tweets but I don't want to give anything away before the note and other pieces arrive.

Unless they've been peeking in this thread in which case SHAME ON YOU.

But yes, truly great stuff.

I caved and replied to the tweet but I tried to sound as mystified as everyone else.  If I failed, welp.

Unless they've been peeking in this thread in which case SHAME ON YOU.

I didn't want to be a tattle-tale but... I saw Chris in this thread more than once. 

Jake is under the impression that I painted this for some reason. Hahaha. I'm not even sure who's getting trolled anymore here.

Possibly Chris' reading of this was before we changed the title?

If not, Chris, you spoiled your own surprise.

If you can get the money in my Paypal account by midnight PST, PM me right now for donation details.

The majority of comments in the thread relating to extra canvases indicated that we should shrink the Rich Uncle/Cool Uncle diptych in order to free up more funds for "Core Thumbs" canvases.

To that end, we are definitely getting canvases of the following (see my first post in the thread for pictures and titles):

• BigJKO's Chris
  • atte's Sean (once completed)
  • atte's Steve
  • Blambo's J Allard
  • Blambo's Bobby Kotick

We can also do a Nick canvas, but have no firm commitments for artwork yet.  I really want us to do a nice Nick piece, so if someone wants to do a Nick picture, can get me their title and artist name in the next 9 hours (i.e. by midnight PST), and is willing to make a firm committment to complete the artwork, we'll do a Nick canvas too.  I believe Blambo was interested in doing a Nick picture but I don't think it reached "committment" level.

Committing to do the Nick artwork means delivering a piece of artwork - preferably before the end of this week, but I can be flexible on this up to mid-Feb as long as you can remain in communication with me privately w/r/t your progress.

If your work has been chosen for a canvas, I'll be PMing you this evening or tomorrow to discuss artist payment.   :)

Hi all,

It seems none of the guys are looking at this thread, but have been made aware of it-- and they pointed me at it, because I'm the one that made the painting Jake's wikipedia image. Could the artist please contact me so we can get the image info on that file updated so it won't get pulled and can be Jake's wikipedia image... ~~forever~~? [email protected]

Hmm then I scrolled up and noticed my own name exists in the post above this one despite not being in the thread title. So I will stop looking at this thread entirely to maintain surprise/secrecy/whatever the hell is going on, but if the artist of Jake's could email me so I can keep the hell out of spoiler town that would be rad.

I made use of that last minute donation window. I now have authority to say that I would really like Nick to get something nice. I've been watching old Spelunky streams with him in and been having a blast. Unfortunately, I have no artistic talent to follow through on this request, so I'm just gonna beg.

Won't please someone think of Nick?

I made use of that last minute donation window. I now have authority to say that I would really like Nick to get something nice. I've been watching old Spelunky streams with him in and been having a blast. Unfortunately, I have no artistic talent to follow through on this request, so I'm just gonna beg.

Won't please someone think of Nick?

I agree that a simple Renaissance-style Dutch masters' portrait of Nick would both be straightforward and utterly suited to the man.