subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

Little over 5.5 hours left before we see all the finished artworks and start choosing!  I'm so excited!

Notice also that Steve's headset includes a tone control.

+ there's a Saitek (from Idle News Podblast - 02/26/09: With Saitek Cyborg) and a Boston Dynamics (aka number 1 Robot News resource) logo because cyberpunk has to have some shady corporations in it.

Finished!

cE5WsK5.jpg

Lord Chris 'Daily Challenge' Remo

subbes, here's a larger file for the printing company.

EDIT: Oh, and subbes no need for any artist compensation if this ends up being picked for printing, just use it to print more stuff! This is my donation. :)

Ah, amazing!

We have money for four canvases. We have four pieces of artwork.  Unless anyone has any last-minute ones to add (Teg?) I think our course is pretty clear.

Well, technically we have 5 pieces of artwork if you include the N. Becon sketch, but who the heck is N Becon?

I kind of want to draw a shitty Nick Breckon on a piece of printer paper, fold it up, put it in an envelope, and mail it the office just to complement the other four.

I kind of want to draw a shitty Nick Breckon on a piece of printer paper, fold it up, put it in an envelope, and mail it the office just to complement the other four.

That would be great.  Do it, and tell me the title & how you want to be credited so I can add it to the certificate/note thing!

Are we labeling the Jake portrait as J Allard.

When I say "shitty," I definitely mean shitty - I have no blank printer paper around, but this (drawn on the back of a used piece of paper) is an approximation of how shitty it would be (I would probably add some sort of Neptune's Pride reference at least for the actual thing, plus uh, soften the jawline):

iCamzQG7746cS.jpg

If that sort of thing is not too shitty to be worth acknowledging, then maybe we can figure out a title for it. "F. Nick Breckon" sounds good but other people might have better suggestions.

I agree with that guy, toblix.

Subbes, can you summarize what we're sending? Right now there's 5 proper paintings in this thread if my count is correct: Jake, Chris, Steve, Allard and Kotick. As I recall Allard & Kotick were gonna be smaller size?

How much more would it cost to print a Sean (by Tegan?)? It's kinda weird if we include Jake, Chris, Steve who isn't even there, but not Sean, who works in that office. And if we include a Shitty Breckon, isn't that an even bigger joke on Sean than Nick?

Could we not just have a plaque that reads 'Congrats Nick Breakon' attached to an empty frame/canvas?

This maybe funnier in my head than in reality.

I feel sorry for Nick.

Could we not just have a plaque that reads 'Congrats Nick Breakon' attached to an empty frame/canvas?

This maybe funnier in my head than in reality.

I feel sorry for Nick.

Well, nothing hurts worse than

pity

so I fully endorse.

I really like TychoChelchuuu's Nick, maybe because it's not really offensive in anyway and has some resemblance but still kind of has that f nick undertone. And yeah, I hope we get Sean from someone.

I always picture Nick swinging back on his chair (to the silent, internalized consternation Chris "Sound Levels" Remo) or sitting on a sofa near the casting table, observing Neptune's Pride or SomethingAwful on a tablet computer, but not at the casting table. He is aloof in his certainty and determination. But he is an essential member of The Team, by presence or absence.

Some sort of Elizabethan or even Renaissance era weinhandling depiction may be suitable. Renaissance era allows for Nicolas to become a Machiavellian cherub.

Are the Obama and Sean custom bobbleheads still going ahead? They could, somehow be framed. The heads would bobble whenever you adjust the frame. Ideally a weight would be placed in one of the bottom corners of the frame, meaning that it would always be slightly askew, in need of constant adjustment.