Sign in to follow this  
subbes

Suck box? Crap box? SEX BOX

My girlfriend and I watched the start of this after seeing it on Charlie Brooker's 2013 round-up show. We had to skip forward quite a bit to get past all the padding, and then watched about 5 minutes after the first couple emerged before we got bored and turned off. They discuss such basic, obvious stuff, it was bizarre.

I'll have to watch this tomorrow.  The idea is...hilariously broken in a way that only "reality" tv could break a good idea.  It's a great idea to have a show discussing sex in an entertaining, frank and hopefully also educational way.  But the gimmick here seems so limiting. 

Hahaha, did this really happen? "In a matter of minutes, a couple will enter this box, have sex, and then talk frankly about it." It's all so deliciously matter-of-factly. Have fun in your box, horny couple!

Did you at least say "CRAP BOX" to each other a lot?

Our minds were too numbed to think of it, sadly.

Via the related videos for that I found this, and holy shit some of the most awkward stuff I've ever seen:

The guy at 27:00, oh god. I feel for him, I really do.

I actually had to quit watching the guy try to talk to women at a bar.  That was just way to awkward for me to handle.

There's a woman I know who works as a sex surrogate (I'd suggest reading the link if you're not familiar with the term).  I know that one of the situations she often feels where she has done the most good is with adult virgins.  Over a period of time, she's able to walk them through flirting, foreplay and eventually to sex.  She said they usually have so much anxiety built up about sex, that a controlled environment like that does a lot of good for them. 

The guy at 27:00, oh god. I feel for him, I really do.

Hey, that establishing shot (and presumably the venue of the awkwardness) is of Oceana, the shitty club that used to be next to the cinema I go to in Kingston! It got replaced by a different shitty club after someone got stabbed there.

(Disclaimer: I might think that all clubs are shitty.)

(Second disclaimer: This post might have nothing to do with the topic at hand.)

Haha, excellent.

I also happen to live next door to a shitty club called Oceana. :tup: