Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

ObjectiveGameReviews.com - A Subtle Journey of Discovery

Hey wait a sec I just checked my sent mail list and I emailed Danielle about being featured as a Subjective Reviewer of the Month a couple weeks ago, and she hasn't gotten back to me. Did she mention that on the podcast? Because of the four people I emailed she's the only one who hasn't responded.

There was talk on the podcast about how some people seem to want objective game reviews, and Danielle mentioned "hey there's this website..." and Chris proudly goes "That guy is on the Idle Thumbs forums!" I don't think they mentioned anything else about emails or nuttin.

There was talk on the podcast about how some people seem to want objective game reviews, and Danielle mentioned "hey there's this website..." and Chris proudly goes "That guy is on the Idle Thumbs forums!" I don't think they mentioned anything else about emails or nuttin.

Actually, we can blame Danielle, because she actually says, "There's now a satirical game review site that does that."

With respect to the BioShock Infinite review, the site has been dubbed "Objectively a pile of objectively pretentious bullshit that objectively conscientiously avoids mentioning any of the stuff that people objectively enjoyed the most about this objective game. Objectively speaking." over at the illustrious "Forumopolis."

Is it wrong that my main reason for dismissing this post is the use of two consecutive "-ly" adverbs? What style guide is that, man?

Actually, we can blame Danielle, because she actually says, "There's now a satirical game review site that does that."

Oh, well, it's fine if other people say it's satirical in that they're making the claim based on what they've read. The issue is going around saying "a guy from the Idle Thumbs forum started it as a joke," because that moves past "I think it's a joke" and straight up says "it's a joke." If one person says "I think it's satirical" and then another person says "that came from the Idle Thumbs forum" that's totally fine.

I can't keep up with all these notes, I'm just gonna get out my wallet and DDOS your site

I think people will forget in a few months anyone said it was a joke and start reading the site for what it is again. The press and their cycles man!

Like all the best things, it is deadly serious and deadly not.

Just want to say nice work with the Subjective Reviewer of the Month feature!

Silly to discuss it as a myth, for it verily exists and i have seen it with mine own eyes.

Good stuff! That tumblr link to an article about slapstick humour leads to a dead end though, it probably is meant to be this. [EDIT: actually, no, the "read more" link on that page leads to the same dead end]

Was Aevee unable to do an objective review?

I overlooked this tweet 'til now:

We got our first offer to "review" a game for a percentage of revenue from sales we encourage. This means we've really made it!

:tup:

Haha. Well in this day and age where people think there is some vast conspiracy and are completely serious about it, can't really blame him. \:

Please write a Call of Duty review in which you continuously imply that Activision bought you a boat.

EDIT: "Score: Boat/10"