Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

ObjectiveGameReviews.com - A Subtle Journey of Discovery

he's in a discussion with someone as to whether Tom Francis is behind it.

That is... so... fucking... perfect...

I am infinitely amused by all of this :D

"I'm Tom Francis!"

"No I'M Tom Francis!"

"I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" "I'm Tom Francis!" 

"I'm Tom Francis!" 

What happens when Tom Francis creates an alleged Tom Francis site?

Fuuuuuuuucking twitter. First notch says he loves it so much and then Graham Smith asks the public for Sunday Paper suggestions and I'm sitting here with twitter's thumb up my ass. It's really giving me an appreciation for the power of social media though. I feel like the next time I launch a website I'm going to have a list of 20 things I'd do differently that would be a big help. Somewhere on that list is "have a twitter account first so you don't get caught by autospam algorithms."

I accept payment in the form of Tom Francis commemorative bitcoins.

I couldn't remember where I had read stuff about games journalism for free, so I tweeted on twitter and Noyb responded with some links that led me to what I was thinking of:

http://botherer.org/2012/01/11/12-tips-for-the-young-games-journalist/

http://botherer.org/2012/01/12/to-clarify-on-working-for-free/

These are the biggest reason why I haven't brought anyone else on board yet, although reading them again I notice that Walker is saying "don't work for free for professional sites," and he defines professional sites as profitable sites, and this thing isn't profitable yet and likely won't be for a long long time, or until approximately five Kotaku sized sites link to it, so now I am considering bringing other people on. I'm still worried about making words worth nothing and so on but I'm definitely coming around, I think.

Haha I woke up this morning curious about whether Graham would mention the website or not.

"Ouais, c'est juste génial."

Tycho, I have said it before but this is objectively brilliant.

Good website, I like the China Rising review especially. It gives me the information I need about the content available for purchase should I ever find myself having already purchased the base Battlefield 4 game. I'm confused about why they programmed the expansion pack to be worth fewer instead of more rating points, though. That seems like going backwards.

P.S. One small problem with your website is that I tried appending /wizard to the URL and received neither secret content, nor secret discounts.

P.S. One small problem with your website is that I tried appending /wizard to the URL and received neither secret content, nor secret discounts.

Ugh you're right. I'll have to rectify that soon. Except I can't figure out how to add a page just at "/wizard" - so far I can only get "/wizard.html" to work.

I haven't made a website in something like 10 years, but I think you just need a "default.html" file

Close - I googled a bit and I figured it out - I need a default.html file in the subdirectory named after the URL I want. So, now that's done. I have a temporary /wizard page up. Go check it out if you want. I'll update it later with something fancy.