Sign in to follow this  
Zeusthecat

The 'Does this thread exist?' thread

That interview is amazing:

For my taxidermy, the inspiration comes directly from the animal. I don’t think “today I want to make a weasel magician.” I have a weasel then I prepare it and then I think “this guy, this guy is a born magician.”

I am suddenly very tempted to change this thread title to "The Thread of Horrifying Taxidermy".

While I know that these animals are as dead as they can be, I can't help but feel enormous amounts of pity for them.

Is there a thread for asking what episode a particular thing/discussion was from? There's a particular moment from the last year or so that I'd like to go and find, but that would require listening to 50 or so hours of podcasts.

This forum is weird. All the posts have pages and pages and it makes me feel like it's not okay to just make a new post about whatever.

In the case of this post topic: I think it's good to do a search just to see if your subject is something too often talked about, but if it hasn't been talked about for a while, who cares? Is this community toxic?

This forum is weird. All the posts have pages and pages and it makes me feel like it's not okay to just make a new post about whatever.

In the case of this post topic: I think it's good to do a search just to see if your subject is something too often talked about, but if it hasn't been talked about for a while, who cares? Is this community toxic?

Don't worry about duplicating topics so much that you don't post. If you do want to do a check, just type "Idle Forums whatever the topic is" in a search engine and you'll find it if it's obvious. What was it that you wanted to talk about? Welcome to the forums!

Is there a thread for all the ridiculous domains we've been registering through the Hover promo? If not, there should be. I know we've collectively registered a ton of them, because people always mention them in episode threads.

I've never seen a collection of links.  That seems like a thread we ought to have.

Along those lines, I also wondered if there should be a thread that has all the promo codes in them because frankly there are so many I don't remember what they are.  I suppose you could just keep trying Idle Thumbs words until something works.

I was wondering if there is a general interactive fiction thread?

I've just finished playing Christine Love's Dont Take it Personally Babe, & Analogue a Hate Story i've managed to find the thread on analogue but there doesn't seem to be a more general thread for discussing them as a whole. I know there's a twine thread but obviously that's a particular method rather than IF in general

I was wondering if there is a general interactive fiction thread?

I've just finished playing Christine Love's Dont Take it Personally Babe, & Analogue a Hate Story i've managed to find the thread on analogue but there doesn't seem to be a more general thread for discussing them as a whole. I know there's a twine thread but obviously that's a particular method rather than IF in general

There was some discussion in this thread even though most of it was about the various engines.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/8719-iftext-adventure-engines/

Perhaps the Twine thread could be renamed? If not, you could start an IF thread and just link to those two threads in the OP...

Is there a thread for Super Timer Force?

I'm assuming you mean Super Time Force from Capy in which case no, I don't think so.  I almost created one the other day but then I forgot.

Perhaps the Twine thread could be renamed? If not, you could start an IF thread and just link to those two threads in the OP...

Link to the Twine thread if you want to check it out.

Right!  I didn't look to see who all had been in it, just figured I'd link for ease.