BadHat

The "what the crap was that game called again?" thread

Was gonna chuck this in the random thought thread but I figured it might be a useful topic to have around.

So, I was talking to someone about Sleep is Death and it reminded me of a game I'd seen that was somewhat similar in nature. From what I remember it was based on a story playing out on a 3-panel comic, and you had a list of words/objects you could insert into each frame that would change the outcome. Like, a character's loved one could die in frame 2 and it'd show them mourning in frame 3. I think it must have been single player but I don't really recall. Pretty sure it was on kickstarter or something similar, no clue if it's been funded/released. Ring a bell with anyone?

Every time someone needs a thread for this, they can't find the old ones because they all have weird names.

Every time someone needs a thread for this, they can't find the old ones because they all have weird names.

What the crap was that thread called again?

What the crap was that thread called again?

We could have a thread that's a compendium of all the most commonly repeated threads (video game music, etc.). And then we could make that into our forum, until it's turtles all the way down.

This whole disaster just strengthens my belief that big catch-all threads are terrible and no threads should have more than maybe a hundred posts.

What just happened?

Edit: I looked up «sock puppeting» and now I'm even more confused.

From the earlier thread:

There's actually another one of these somewhere on the forum that must have been made around early 2008 if you enjoy this one.

Why didn't you link to it, Synth? Whyyy?!

What just happened?

Edit: I looked up «sock puppeting» and now I'm even more confused.

Is dibs sock-puppeting in order to tell himself off for sock-puppeting?

Slightly off-topic but the search function of these forums is horrible.

Other off-topic thing: Please nobody create other "what was that game called" threads as a joke.

It's because of word indexing ignoring "small" words. Use google fu if you want to search for smaller things.

What was that tiny indie flash game that opens with someone weighed down and sinking underwater, where you replace words in a sentence until the story changes? I remember the window being taller than it was wide, too.

Slightly off-topic but the search function of these forums is horrible.

Agreed. That's why I use what the crap was that search engine called again?! "site:www.idlethumbes.net/forums/ [query]"

From the earlier thread:

Why didn't you link to it, Synth? Whyyy?!

I take no responsibility for things that happened in 2011.

Although I do feel a bit bad because that was pretty lazy of me.

Lets keep it alive then!