Sign in to follow this  
Frenetic Pony

2014 Predictions!

Post your veiled and mystic glimpses into the future 365 days on the planet earth, and astound us all with your clairvoyance! Or, just, you know, crap out whatever you feel like. That works too. ^_^

Games:

Sony will have a slight lead over Microsoft in terms of next gen console sales. Both will have 10+ million sold by the end of the year.

Nintendo will slash the Wii-U price by at least $50, will cause a nice big rise in sales.

Just Cause 3 will be announced, look fucking awesome.

No one will ever remember that a "microconsole" was even a thing.

Political shite:

There will be yet more massive protests near/is a/revolution type things.

Google, Microsoft, IBM, et. al. will bribe enough congressmen to end the appearance of massive government surveillance by the US.

There will be growing and louder talk of reforming the way the US government works.

Movies:

Hollywood will have another gangbusters record breaking year.

Godzilla will be friggen awesome.

Random:

Another new/unheard of artist will come out with yet another annoying song that's constantly played everywhere so you can't escape it for months.

George W. Bush will contract leprosy from handling an Armadillo.

Nintendo will slash the Wii-U price by at least $50, will cause a nice big rise in sales.

They already price-dropped the model everyone was buying, though. I don't see them doing it again so soon.

A new Call of Duty will come out and there will be twice as many dogs.

CoD will go Full Activision and release two games in one year in an attempt to burn out the same way Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero did.

The Last Guardian will get a final, actual release date for early 2015

Persona 5 will be amazing

Nintendo will officially coin this the Year of Kirby or Yoshi or something, but it will never catch on like the Year of Luigi did

The Ouya will be euthanized

Smash Bros. and Mario Kart will make the Wii U finally find a stable audience, if not a massive one

Penny Arcade will do something stupid

Not one, but two Assassin's Creed games

Vita TV will come to America

Microsoft will quietly begin to roll out all of the DRM features that they cut from the Xbox One over the course of several months worth of firmware updates

The Steambox will be too expensive for a widespread audience, but will be a huge success among the enthusiast market

I will not stick to my New Year's Resolutions

The Ouya will be euthanized

why why whyyyyyyyy

did you not say "ouythanized"?

Half Life 3 will be ann-PFFHAHAHAHAAHAH. OOOHAHAHAHA.

HAHAH.

Hahahah.

Heheh.

Heh.

Eh.

EDIT: My 100th post on the last day of the year. Neat.

The Witness will be good but will repel people for having words in it. Then they'll call Jonathan Blow pretensions for defending words. 

Dark Souls 2 won't be as good as dark souls 1. I'll enjoy it but the Souls community will exile me for my beliefs.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will be announced, subsequently released, critically praised, and then forgotten 6 months later (Black Ops 2 fans will say its awful and boycott/buy the shit out of it)

PHIL FISH SHALL RISE AGAIN then leave again for being called a bitch after not sticking with his guns.

Titanfall will be alright but the day it comes out people will remember it's being published by EA and cut themselves until they fix the servers

DICE will announce they've fixed the servers for Battlefield 4 and soon after release 3 dlc packs (the servers still won't work right)

Destiny will be actually good and will be GOTY'd like crazy. Then Activision will release another one next year (made by Raven or Sledgehammer)

Mass Effect 4 won't be called Mass Effect 4

Rocksteady will release a Batman Game. It will be pretty good.

There will be another VGX spike will say the VGX 2013 was a success and learn nothing. People will watch it, then complain.

Indie Games will continue to be released and good, and will stop me from crying myself to sleep.

The Last Guardian and Beyond Good & Evil 2 will finally come out.

I think I said the exact same thing last year and didn't believe it then either.  ;(

I see the Oculus Rift hype having a large effect on what I pay attention to this year. I expect the Oculus Rift to be the harbinger of 2015, year of the not-game.

Google begins contracting with cities to replace their police and fire departments with robots. 

Approximately 3.1 million children will die of hunger or poor nutrition.

I appreciate the reminder. I like to set absurdly high goals of social justice because if I don't I end up defining my goals as personal successes which typically contribute to these types systemic inequities.

This year might be rad.

The first news of the year was that Uncle Phil died.

The first news of the year was that Uncle Phil died.

Fuck you 2014. Stupid year.... thingy....

So it can only get better from here! Amirite???????????????

The US Congress will pass exactly one large bill this year, posturing for elections, and then proceed to be the same flaccid, useless entity for the rest of the year.