Sign in to follow this  
Rxanadu

GTA IV runs poorly on Windows 8.1 (with 1.0.7.0 patch)

Like most people, I've noticed GTA IV running extremely slowly on my Acer laptop. However, I find this particularly odd as I've run games which require higher specs smoothly from start to finish. I just recenlty finished DmC on this computer with little to no graphical hiccups; heck, it ran at 60 fps all throughout my playthrough of the game. I've also been running Portal 2 and Borderlands 2 with ease on High and Medium specs, respectively.

I've also installed the latest patch for the game, and it still runs slowly. Both Game-Debate.com and CanYouRunIt say I should be able to run this game smoothly. 

Then again, I've known Rockstar to release abominable PC ports for most of their games.

Here are my specs. Hopefully, they will be helpful in remedying this issue:
Machine Model: Acer V5-552-X418
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Memory: 6 GB DDR3
Graphics: ACM Radeon HD 8650G, 512 MB memory
Processor: AMD Quad-Core Processor A10-5757M, 3.5 GHz

Thirded. The Witcher 2 runs at 50-60 fps on my laptop with just ubersampling off, while this fucking game runs between 10-20 fps with all of the settings on.

This game came out in 2008.

But, did you make this thread to look for help on fixing your game's performance?

Oh, I wasn't saying I've experienced it, I was just, you know, being enthusiastic and positive.

i c wut u did thar

(i'm inordinately excited because i haven't said THAT stupid thing in a LONG time - WELCOME TO 2014!!!)

It's still 2013 in Texas. Has Rockstar fixed their crappy PC ports in the future of 2014?