riadsala

Dominions 4 - join in the official* 3MA/FoS PBEM game

I'm still trying to track Bisbo down. If he doesn't surface by, say, the end of the week, I'll try and find a replacement. Here's hoping it won't come to that!

ok, Bisco is officially out [ unless he reappears before we find a replacement ]

Shall we wait and try and find another podcast listener to join in? [Or perhaps Troy can find another panelist?] Or shall i just ask some of people I know from the RPS forum who love Dominion?

What do people think?

If you're dying for another player then I volunteer! I shouldn't have more Dominions in my life but ... I want it.

Cool, done.

(sorry for being a bit slow on this... I moved to a new city last Saturday and so have had other things on my mind!)

dbaum: you're on my team. I'll let you select which pair of races we want (from the list I posted).

Alright, go team!

Oof, this is tough. But I I'll say Third Alliance and would prefer to play Yomi, I think, though could do Lanka in a pinch. I've got more experience with Lanka but am interested in trying out Yomi competitively.

(Question- Are we allowed to privately plan out pretenders / dominion with our teammate beforehand?)

Good question. What do people think? It could be amusing to not pre-plan things?

I'm open to suggestions.

I'm happy with taking either side: I've played Dom3 a bit in the past, but this will be my first Dom4 game.

I should have the internet set up in my new  flat this evening, so hopefully i can be a bit more on top of things!

I think some amount of planning should happen or else you can really mess things up. For example, if both teammates choose avatars that can't move, they will have a hard time capturing thrones (unless they also choose magic that allows such movement). Only one of the factions in the list has a level 3 priest that they can hire (which can also capture thrones). 

Since this game will go on for months, I suggest we allow plenty of preparation so nobody feels like quitting half-way through because they made bad starting choices.

Sure, i'm good with that. and in the interest in keeping things moving, lets go with it.

So now, all teams should know which pair of races they have. Time for everybody to confer and plan our their pretenders.

If anybody is more experienced than me, and has more free time this month, feel free to take charge of setting up the game, hosting stuff etc! Moving and starting a new job is eating up a lot of my free time, and I'm tied up every weekend this month! Eeek

[i'll easily have time to take turns each week, or even more often though!]

I think some amount of planning should happen or else you can really mess things up. For example, if both teammates choose avatars that can't move, they will have a hard time capturing thrones (unless they also choose magic that allows such movement). Only one of the factions in the list has a level 3 priest that they can hire (which can also capture thrones). 

Since this game will go on for months, I suggest we allow plenty of preparation so nobody feels like quitting half-way through because they made bad starting choices.

Sorry for dropping the ball on this.... I moved to a new city and new job last month, and it disrupted life more than it would! Anymore, more or less settled in, and ready to go!

I belive that everybody knows who their partner is now?

I will look into getting a game set up this week (with server and stuff, so we don't need to do PBEM).

Sorry again for the delay

Haven't done it like that before for Dominions, but I've used Dropbox so I'm game.

How does it work, everyone drops a .2h file in, host processes then drops back in the .trn files?

Haven't done it like that before for Dominions, but I've used Dropbox so I'm game.

How does it work, everyone drops a .2h file in, host processes then drops back in the .trn files?

Yes, well, that's how it works for Dom3.

Although, Heliocentric has offered to help me set up a game on llamaserver. So expect details incoming.

I followed the instructions and sent in my pretender but never got a confirmation note. No idea if mine is one of the two there.

Regardless, only 2/10 have signed up in the four days: is this game dead?

I haven't sent mine in yet either. I think I just need to chase everybody up. Given how long it took me to sort out setting the game up, I think it's only fair to give people some time to get round to joining.

if everybody could take responsibility for getting in touch with their partner, that would speed things up a bit!

Sorry, I'm back and willing to play.  I'm getting crushed at work, so give me a couple of days to get signed in!

Same here, my gaming life has been obliterated with multiple jobs and incoming daddy duties. I'm posting this here to make sure I do it tomorrow. I think this could be really cool or at least a really good disaster... 

There are still only three of us signed up, and Llama is now saying it will deactivate our game in two days.

Should we try and start anew? And is it possible in this game to have less players? Maybe an 8 player game, 4x2?

I just want to PLAY, I bought the game solely for this 3MA soiree...

FFA may indeed be the most straightforward to set up.

In organizing Dominions games I've found I've just had to say "rules are X, Y, Z, confirm by this date, pretender in by that date, or we'll assume you're out". Also have had turn delays almost kill a couple games, so set a turn limit (of 3 days in our case) and if it's missed, that's life. (I think of it like the commander activation mechanic in AGEOD, but ahem.) 

Anyway, I'm up for anything! 

... right, so this seems to have kind of died. And now I am sorta doing necro.

But! I'm organizing a game of Dominions 4 (promo tweetering here) and anyone here who wants to get a game in would be welcome to join. So it's kinda on-topic! Turn time will be 3-4 days or so, mix of noobs and hardcore with vague attempt at distributing skill levels throughout the teams.

PM me an email address to spam if interested.

Hey!

I apologise for not rounding up everybody properly. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, i'm sorry.

How about, if people are interested, we get this game started? I still have Dom4 on my HD, largely unplayed!