Sign in to follow this  
H7Z

Artist for hire

I presume I could propose with this thought here:

I'm an artist and occasionally do paint things like steam profile pics and sprays for source games, taking pretty much anything from cash to tf2 items as payment.
So I thought I could do some of that stuff for you guys.

You just tell me what exactly do you want, how it'd look like (maybe with a few googled reference images too) and what you'd give for that. 

For examples of my work see my steam profile or blog.

Maybe if your first post wasn't an advertisement, people might be open to using your services. As it is I can't imagine anyone would be interested and at best this belong in the plug your shit thread.

Thanks for thoughts on that, mate. I'll just leave it here for a couple days and see how it is and, in case it doesn't work at all, move it to that other thread.
I can and gladly will delete the topic if it's completely not ok posting such stuff, anyway. (:

In a subversive attempt to start a conversation about what a Spelunky pinball table would look like:

What steam game would you want in exchange for making an image of a pinball table similar to this, but with a Spelunky theme?

Zen-Pinball-Sorcerers-Lair-11.jpg

In a subversive attempt to start a conversation about what a Spelunky pinball table would look like:

What steam game would you want in exchange for making an image of a pinball table similar to this, but with a Spelunky theme?

Haven't seen much of that game, but I can definitely do that. In two-three weeks (got some work to get done atm)

As of exchangez, check my steam wishlist - there is a few cheap ones like Max Payne, Castle of Illusion or New Vegas. Some even cheaper too.

Thanks for linking to the topic too!

@Mington

Yes, I can (:

Fall Out: New Vegas is $2.49 right now. I can't wrap my head around why you would be willing to spend hours painting commissioned work for something you could pay $2.49 for. Is there a story behind this offer?

Fall Out: New Vegas is $2.49 right now. I can't wrap my head around why you would be willing to spend hours painting commissioned work for something you could pay $2.49 for. Is there a story behind this offer?

It just should start somewhere - so that way people see what can I really offer in exchange.

I wouldn't want to "scare off" folks issuing something of 50-100$ price right away. Maybe all I'd make them is stickmen. Earning trust here, I believe (:

There's something sinister about that upside down smiley and the way he hangs off every post. My guess is he doesn't do the drawings at all, but has a factory full of little chinese children do them for him. I'll give them their due though, it's some good stuff.

Hello, stranger!  I have two suggestions for you.

1:  Don't undervalue yourself.  Doing artwork for the equivalent of $2.50 is somehow almost worse than being willing to do artwork "for exposure."

2:  You really should have lurked more. Coming to a small community and starting out with an advertisement is not exactly endearing.  Hopefully this piece of advice will help you in the future!

3:  Have you considered a line of artwork about our nightmarish robot future?

1:  Don't undervalue yourself.  Doing artwork for the equivalent of $2.50 is somehow almost worse than being willing to do artwork "for exposure."

this this this

I'm guilty of it too, but art is a skilled trade; you shouldn't be doing it for less than minimum wage. It's not only underselling yourself, but creating a lousy marketplace for other artists. I have a friend who routinely makes more than a hundred bucks in one sitting just making avatars for people.