ysbreker

Games giveaway

If you gave codes away in other random threads then the beggars would have to read our opinions in order to find them.

" I have edited one of my posts to include a Steam code for Half-Life 3, but you must read the ENTIRE Feminism thread in order to find it..."

I presume I could propose with this thought here:

I'm an artist and occasionally do paint things like steam profile pics and sprays for source games, taking pretty much anything from cash to tf2 items as payment.
So, having found this thread here, I thought I could do some of that stuff for you guys, if you'd seem to want it, for game gifts or other stuff. You just tell me what exactly do you want, how it'd look like (maybe with a few googled reference images too) and what you'd give for that. 

For examples of my work see my steam profile or blog.

If this is against any rules here or doesn't quite correlate with the whole idea of this topic in your opinion, I'll remove the post gladly. Thanks guys (:

Oh God, this is horrible.

Newcomers: this is a thread for regular forumites to gift each other games. Showing up and throwing a few mindless posts around the place is still not going to get you free games.

If anyone's getting PMs from users who aren't posting, please PM me the usernames so I can block them (and maybe see if they come from a common IP block)

I suggest we report users who have only registered in the last few days, too.

I suggest we report users who have only registered in the last few days, too.

But maybe they'll come for the free games and stay for the Gone Home thread.

Someone start a thread titled "Not-A-Games Giveaway", just in case someone needs to get rid of their extra copy of Dear Esther.

How would people feel about this thread moving to multiplayer networking, which you have to be logged in to see?

...Probably a good idea.

What the hell is causing this sudden shitstorm, anyway? I mean there's another one RIGHT THERE. It's so offensively blatant, too. Yeesh.

If there's anyone out there that hasn't played the original Bioshock (doubtful on the Thumbs forum, yes, but one never knows), I have a giftable copy to part with if you're willing to accept a gift from a lurker.

ep, sure enough. Starting 12/25 we started getting a bunch of referrals from playblink.com, with landing pages inside this thread. The good news is, total referrals from there seem to have already peaked, so hopefully we can look forward the weirdness dying down:

http://i.imgur.com/S3P5meG.png

(Data from 12/28 is partial, obviously, because it's today)

Unfortunately, the forum being hidden doesn't prevent people directly linking into the thread. I created a new thread and merged this one into it, then deleted my post from the old thread. That should force the thread to a new url, and show a 404 for the old one. Hopefully that also shuts them down a little.

I don't understand any of that so I'm assuming subbes and other robots and HACKERS.

As I understand it, a Muppet just stopped a bunch of hacker-robots-from-the-future from stealing games.

An Ingmar Bergman film.

Tabacco's legendary prowess in this shit is beautifully spent on forums. He could've also been a Wallstreet billionnaire at this point, devising complicated financial products, but he chooses Thumbs.

Is there a steam coupon bot like that dota2 invite bot? It seems like everyone always has coupons sitting around and they never find their way to people who want them.

There's also Coupon Dumpster for a more moderated experience. It's a bit more hassle but the added friction is intended to ensure that your coupon makes its way to someone that intends to use it for personal rather than commercial gain.

(but yeah, basically, Trashbot)

I have a copy of Spelunky for one lucky regular reader.

My bro and his wife just had a babbie, he won't be needing it:D

Why not? It's a baby game after all.

You know you don't mean that.