ysbreker

Games giveaway

Hi, I have a few things to add to my old list, so I just refreshed the whole thing and deleted my last post. PM me in case I forget to check the thread!

Steam:

Aquaria

Dear Esther

Metal of Honor (the new, reportedly bad one)

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Sanctum 2

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Garry's Mod

Orcs Must Die! GOTY

Sanctum: Collection

NightSky

Killing Floor

Zeno Clash

Little Inferno

Hero Academy

Solar 2

LIMBO

Bastion

Origin:

Dead Space

Burn Out Paradise

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

Dead Space 3

Metal of Honor (again)

Mirror's Edge

Red Alert 3: Uprising

To protect ourselves and the goodwill of this thread, I propose that

a ) No one posts keys out in the open, rather announce it here and then use the PM method to distribute. Even if this seems a hassle, posting open keys only invites leeches.

b ) People who register here purely to absorb free games, spare yourself the effort. This requires some tenacity from our part: even if no one of the regulars wants your keys, don't distribute them to random people. A one-time act of kindness will spoil the whole operation and flood the system.

To protect ourselves and the goodwill of this thread, I propose that

a ) No one posts keys out in the open, rather announce it here and then use the PM method to distribute. Even if this seems a hassle, posting open keys only invites leeches.

b ) People who register here purely to absorb free games, spare yourself the effort. This requires some tenacity from our part: even if no one of the regulars wants your keys, don't distribute them to random people. A one-time act of kindness will spoil the whole operation and flood the system.

Agreed. I'd rather hold onto a key or gift copy indefinitely until a regular turns up that wants it than give either to a leecher. If nobody wants your key and you're tired of dealing with it, there are any number of websites out there specifically meant for giving away Steam keys or trading. Let's leave this thread to sharing between friends (loosely termed), rather than giving stuff to random strangers who pollute these forums.

Agreed.

So, miffy, you still got that copy of Saint's Row 3 from twenty pages ago?

I've got a Steam giftable copy of Don't Starve if any of the regulars want it (completely agree with the new rules).

Edit: So I'm getting hit with PMs as well from leechers.  This will blow if they kill this thread. 

Edit: So I'm getting hit with PMs as well from leechers.  This will blow if they kill this thread. 

As am I now.

This looks suspiciously like troll behavior.

7 PMs in 10 minutes from this leecher.

Banned the offending user. Let me know if you see other users popping up causing trouble.

Banned the offending user. Let me know if you see other users popping up causing trouble.

Nice, that was quick!  Idle Thumbs Rapid Response Team for the win!

If anyone's getting PMs from users who aren't posting, please PM me the usernames so I can block them (and maybe see if they come from a common IP block)

Whoops, If this is my fault for posting clickable links I apologise (for being lazy). Seems a little coincidental.

I'll polish my pitch forks... who's got the torches

Sorry I'm all out of coal, can't make any torches right now.

Whoops, If this is my fault for posting clickable links I apologise (for being lazy). Seems a little coincidental.

I'm guessing lurkers got most of them too ):

I've got a Steam giftable copy of Don't Starve if any of the regulars want it (completely agree with the new rules).

Not interested in the game at all, but how is it? (Understand this isn't the thread for such discussion. was just lurking when I saw you brought it up)

Not interested in the game at all, but how is it? (Understand this isn't the thread for such discussion. was just lurking when I saw you brought it up)

Haven't played it yet!  I'm neck deep in an Xcom campaign.  I did gift it to a regular Thumb, and I am not kidding, who was playing Far Cry 2 when I accepted his friend request.  Because that's what Thumbs do.

It's very robust and there's a lot of interesting things to do and craft and become self-sufficient, but my ultimate frustration with it was that it involved a whole lot of clicking things and inventory management and that sort of stuff, especially when you're starting a new game and getting set up. If you don't mind that, it's quite good.