ysbreker

Games giveaway

50% OFF Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars - valid until 31st of july

Okay, I've finally put up my Sam and Max items on TF2 Outpost for real cash and I have a couple of offers. How do I do this so I don't get screwed? I am not familiar with the step by step process. Does it require me to open TF2? I am taking Paypal only on it.

Why are you not just using the Steam Market? Do you never intend to use that money to buy games, or just strapped for cash?

Well, whatever. My answer is: I have no clue because I'd never do anything like that. U:

Well you can only sell certain items on the market, so maybe they can't be sold on it.  I know I don't really have anything in TF2 I can sell, though I could trade my stack of metal for keys and sell those. 

Need some nice cash. I'm guessing from what I understand so far, I make them pay first, make sure Paypal doesn't do a chargeback, then I somehow give them the items within Team Fortress.

However, since no one is online I'm not sure what I'd do after that. Is there a way to just gift all of my items after I get the monies?

Oh wait, I think I understand it all with the help of my friend. I should be able to just trade outside of TF2 and then trade for nothing. This one potential buyer was chatting up a storm telling me if I trade for nothing it will all say "gifted by" and that my Sam and Max items aren't worth that much. He kept wanting to pay right away, I said I'd get back to him and he's like, "How about at 5?" The guy seems fishy.

I don't think trading for nothing says "gifted by" if I just use the Steam trade. It appears I have to use giftwrap in order for that to show up and it seems that's for untradeable items, which does not seem to include Sam and Max. Way to go Valve for making this incredibly convoluted.

Either way, I get the feeling what I'm doing is a bit risky if this page is anything to go by: http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=1147.0 A friend seems interested in just taking the items and him giving me the $100 or whatever and he could just trade them for steam wallet money.

So I have some games to give away, but I'm going to do it a little differently.  Cause I'm a weird guy, back in college I used to do a contest like thing where I'd give my friends prizes.  Most of the contest were trying to figure out what an image meant or was.  Just before start of the Steam Summer Sale, I found the folder on my backup drive that had some of these.  I decided I wanted to do it again and grabbed a few games during the sale as prizes.  The games are:

• Rogue Legacy
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • The Walking Dead
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle

Here are the rules:

• Each card represents a word or phrase.  Some of them are old and out of date by this time.  If you're not sure of one, try to explain your answer as best you can and if I think you're close I'll give it to you.
  • The first person to correctly figure out all the cards wins the game of their choice.  The next person to give me the correct answers can pick from the games remaining, etc. until everything is gone.  
  • If at the end of 2 weeks (Aug 10) no one gets them all, then whoever has the most will win.  In the event of a tie whoever gets me the answers first wins.  
  • Answers should be sent to me via PM.  DO NOT POST ANY ANSWERS IN THE THREAD.  I'll reveal the answers after the 2 weeks is up or all the games are gone.  
  • Each person gets 2 entries.  If the first entry is not completely correct, I'll tell you which ones you missed and you get another chance.
  • If you don't actually want any of the games but want to answer anyway, that's fine.  Just let me know when you submit your answers.
  • Games will be gifted via Steam
  • Since it's my giveaway, I reserve the right to change anything I feel like at any time I want (but that probably won't happen)
  • Have fun!

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this.  If it goes well I may do it again later (probably after the Steam Holiday Sale).

You can get the cards here: Cards.zip

That's 8 more than I. This is the sort of thing I'd be all over if this wasn't the kind of forum where I knew a lot of people are way cleverer than I. This is just an excuse to end a third straight sentence with the word I.

I've only got like 15 so far. :getmecoat

Some of them are really obscure phrases.  I'll be surprised if anyone gets them all exactly.  I should also probably point out that these are scans of existing, physical cards that were probably made in the 80s.

I'm wondering if I should make a new thread for it.

Ive got about 12 right now (I think. One or two I'm not 100% sure about)

I love these types of little puzzles, so whether or not I finish them before anyone else, I am really having fun with this,

I'm 16 short now and I don't think I'll ever get them.

*falls over dead*

I've got 43

unsolved

I claimed the first one. Looking forward to play it. Thanks!

I took the second one, thanks dude! Will play it when I get my new flat in a week or so and spread the word if it's good!

somebody took the 3rd key and didn't even thank for that