ysbreker

Games giveaway

It may be that it contains a hidden code known only to the electronic monstrosity that controls gaming: Steam. But that is unhelpful to us mortal beings of flesh and blood and bone. We are left with only the ability to click the link and hope that Steam smiles upon us.

I'd still quite like a code for the Company of Heroes set if anyone has one. Since I've been reminded of it now, I do have FOUR Dota 2 invites at this point and I'm happy to give them away. I realise most of the people here probably have it or don't want it by this stage, but even if you know someone who might want it I could give at least two of them just to people known to Thumbs. It's a fun* game, guys!

*With a given definition of fun.

We can't give away Company of Hero codes individually since the THQ Humble Bundle comes with 2 codes - 1 for Saint's Row 3 and 1 for all the other games. If you just want that second code you can pay $1 in case nobody has any codes lying around to hook you up.

I'll take Saints Row 3 if no one else here wants it. I'll wait and see if anyone claims it by the end of the day... Thanks Twig!

I'll take Saints Row 3 if no one else here wants it. I'll wait and see if anyone claims it by the end of the day... Thanks Twig!

Dude, some lurker has probably already grabbed it. You should take it while there's a slight chance.

Well, I don't want to be greedy! It was me who took the Introversion pack (I did PM Twig!), so I don't want to take everything!

I seem to have spare keys for Saints Row: The Third and Bastion that I need to get rid of fast. Perfectly legal. Let me know if you are interested. No police.

Saints Row: 4C9KI-727P9-H7BN9

Bastion: 69KLV-FBC4G-HHZFF

Man, I keep forgetting how much crap I have in my Steam inventory. My name on there is Luftmensch if you want to solicit me for games.

Currently, I have:

Portal

Killing Floor/Defense Alliance 2 combo

Audiosurf

Cogs

Half-Life 2

Torchlight

and three two invites to Dota 2

Just catch me on Steam and ask for whatever you want.

I also have a Portal and a Cogs I can give away if anyone wants them. I didn't mention it because I assumed everyone else also has extra copies of those that they're trying to get rid of.

Reposting one more time for the new page.

Ben, I'd just go ahead and take Saints Row. It's no big! I removed it from this list, so if you want it go back to the previous page. U: TP is right, lurkers can be an issue. Normally I'd just ask people to PM me for the codes, but there are so many that it's almost easier to do it this way. U:

Hurray the list is dwindling!

Here's the new shorter list:

all of these are steam keys SOMEBODY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE THEM

chime: MDYZ6-7VILY-57RGI

alien breed 2: GXJ4K-KEC56-2P7FB

lead & gold: 528W7-YC4HD-5HNAW

airmech: CY4E5-5WTG6-A4HQW

trauma: 6ZQTD-6EAJB-NHV2K

anomaly: warzone earth: 4DJBI-0N9A2-FC6A6

I also have three Dota 2 invites left, for which you'll have to add me (Twig) on Steam.

Please tell me if you take them or if you try and the codes don't work, because I want this list to shrink down to zero in length!

Here are the main components:

http://i.imgur.com/qTjSK.png

Sweet! Looks like we have pretty similar systems, actually. (Your graphics card is better than mine -- damn you!)

Doesn't an SSD make a difference, eh? Before I switched over to Windows 8, Windows 7 would actually finish booting before the logo had fully appeared! (Loving Windows 8 now, too -- what's your OS?)

If you don't already know: A 360 controller comes very much in handy for PC gaming.

If you don't already know: A 360 controller comes very much in handy for PC gaming.

I'm on Win7, but yeah everything does seem to happen a lot faster! The problem I'm having is that my SSD drive is pretty small and really only for Windows, with all my games on a separate hard drive, but a lot of games automatically stick stuff in Windows temp folders and the like without asking.

I'm pretty much going to have to buy a controller just for Psychonauts - specifically XBox360 is a good idea, is it?

Back on-topic (ish), are these lurkers people are talking about IdleForum members, or people who lurk on the internet scanning for Steam codes?

Lurkers are just people who read a forum but aren't a participating member. So, someone who might take the key without letting anyone know.

Yeah, I was just wondering if people were using it in a different sense specifically related to Steam (or similar) codes.

I'm on Win7, but yeah everything does seem to happen a lot faster! The problem I'm having is that my SSD drive is pretty small and really only for Windows, with all my games on a separate hard drive, but a lot of games automatically stick stuff in Windows temp folders and the like without asking.

I'm pretty much going to have to buy a controller just for Psychonauts - specifically XBox360 is a good idea, is it?

64GB should be enough space for Windows and a few games, I would have thought? You can change the default folder for your Documents/Music/Photos etc by right-clicking on them and selecting Properties. No need to keep those on your SSD.

And yep, specifically a 360 controller is the way to go -- USB version (not wireless). A lot of games support it right out of the box, so to speak, and it just makes everything a lot easier.