BenLuke

Walking Dead Season the Second

That's one of the things I really like about Clementine as a protagonist: The kid growing up in the middle of the apocalypse is a pretty well worn trope, but they're not something you see that often as the principle character, especially in video games. Lee was a lot closer to to your typical badass zombie survivor leader guy, even with the racial undertones and sordid back story, especially in the later episodes where he becomes very much the de facto leader of the group. Given her age and position with the other survivors Clem's arc is going to be almost completely different, and I'm personally interested to see where exactly Nick and co. take it.

How isn't this consistent with character development in this series? I've enjoyed playing Clementine as a savvy young survivalist, and the second season has been markedly different because Clementine is more a member rather than a leader of any people she is among.

Does any game need a second season or sequel? No, but people want it and are playing and enjoying it.

It's not inconsistent.  Within the constraints of "Make a second season to The Walking Dead," I think TT has done everything smartly and right.  I agree that switching the protagonist to Clementine was the right move.   All I meant was that, for whatever reason, it's just not packing the same emotional punch for me personally.

What's the story with spoilers in this thread? I will put my comments in them to be safe, but I feel like if you're wandering into this thread, you know what you're getting?

Some random things I'll comment on from episode two. Mainly that I loved the scene in where Carver gets into and searches the house (I opened the door for him...stupid). I was frustrated and furious both at him and myself the whole time...it did such a great job evoking a sense of powerlessness. It's great to see Telltale really utilize Clem's age, though I have to say she's surprisingly adept at dropping zombies.

When Kenny showed up, I actually said "holy shit" out loud, then laughed my ass off when that was one of the dialogue options. I chose it of course.

As far as speculation for the rest of the season, I'm assuming Luke didn't really run off and will be tracking the group back to camp and that Kenny is wise to this plan. We'll see...

Lastly, I will never, ever forgive Carver for shooting Walter, the insanely nice schoolteacher. Congrats Nick? Fuck Carver. (haha F*ck Nick is autocorrected to Congrats Nick)

Its late and I just finished episode 3. The one thing I'll say that isn't a spoiler is that the menu card for episode 4 is the creepiest looking Clem I've ever seen.

I just beat episode three and... I should have guessed the 400 days later guys would be here? They did mention a place like this in the end... Which kinda means they are likely to not survive the walker swarm? :|

Although I know Clementine is bad ass it was weird that most of the group was already treating them like the "new Lee" and only the new guy doubted she could do anything.

It's obviously the new girl knows how capable and will try to convince Clem to leave the group, I just hope they don't make Kenny do something stupid just so we'll actually think of leaving them behind.

I'm frankly surprised this "prison" worked at all, the guy was crazy, executing a crippled man in front of children? I'm surprised Bonnie was the only one to take notice and try to leave after that. Speaking of children, I wonder what will happen to Sarah...

They should have figured out that posing as zombies might have gotten them shot and not only did they lose their only doctor with a group of injured and pregnant people, Sarah just lost her dad and she's been so sheltered, and I wonder if she'll just go crazy and do something stupid or cling to Clementine who might actually have to toughen her up?

just finished series 2 episode 2. think it's my favourite episode since s1e3. unfortunately accidentally bought it on the vita instead of the ps3 because my ps3 allowed me too, but it's not so bad. one thing i'm lamenting this season is (not really a spoiler)

seems to be a lot more QTEs and with tighter timing, which on the vita isn't much fun.] in s2e1 especially, which i didn't enjoy a whole lot.

really excited for this series after episode 2 now though, some excellent moments

Well, I just beat the latest episode and...

I'm pretty sure Arvo was lying about his sister, but either way with so many wounded, I HAD to take the medicine... so why was I only able to give some pills.

I chopped Sarita's arm off and it didn't surprise me that it didn't matter at all. And I should have expected they killed Sarah after rescuing her, if feels like something they do or maybe they already did something similar in the first season?

It kinda sucked to have the mother die so soon after giving birth and it really didn't surprise me and I'm guessing the file will help he out in the next chapter.

It kinda sucked that they left in a cliffhanger of gunshots and no "On the next Walking Dead", but I guess any preview would ruin the cliffhanger?

While I'm still enjoying the episodes, it's starting to get predictable in the sense that there is never an easy choice and when it does seem like the right thing to do, the game shows you how wrong you are pretty quick. It's quickly becoming "Choose who dies: The Game" and I'm wondering if I'm still enjoying another full season of it, which I'm sure will happen unless they rap everything up in the finale...

I wouldn't mind a DLC episode with a grown up Clementine. It would be kinda amazing if Clementine was different depending on how you played her before. 

As for the finale...

Are they getting captured yet again? I really hope they don't repeat episode 3 all over again...

Maybe we'll be part of the shoot out and we get to choose if we shoot someone?

It just seems so weird, the baby's mother died, the game forces you to take a side with Kenny or not.

Killing Kenny in the finale is almost too predictable, but I'm sure someone will die in the finale, who knows...

Do you think all this protecting and then seeing Clementine becoming strong enough to protect herself if just so feel horrid when they kill her off? I'm just saying, if they do kill her, I think I'll just turn the game off.

The Xbox 360 version is completely fucked right now.

When I boot the game it disconnects from Xbox Live and there is no way for me to download Ep.4 without getting charged for it.

I emptied the cache and redownloaded the Title Update but that did nothing.Short of paying for Ep. 4 again I am stuck right now.

Also, I went to the tell tale forums looking for a solution/response but instead I got spoilers for Ep. 4 instead.

Anyone experiencing this problem and/or have a link to discussion about this that doesn't immediately ruin the episode?

Scratch that, seems like Xbox Live is just completely fucked

Every time you boot any game it disconnects automatically.

I think episode 4 might have been a little messy compared to the other 3 in the season, but gotta admire how 50/50 those choices look.

Somebody describe their choices. I wanna know what happens to Sarah if you help, and also how that last scene played out for you guys. What a fucking disaster, man.

I think episode 4 might have been a little messy compared to the other 3 in the season, but gotta admire how 50/50 those choices look.

Somebody describe their choices. I wanna know what happens to Sarah if you help, and also how that last scene played out for you guys. What a fucking disaster, man.

I already said this in an earlier post, but I tried to help her as much as I could, but I'm pretty sure she's destined to die no matter what, I guess she exists to show what happens if you live a sheltered live in a zombie apocalypse instead of trying to be stronger like Clementine is?

Are talking about the Arvo thing at the end? I took the medicine, but I think the other girl would either taken them or threatened the soviet kid at the end, but I still think the soviets that attack you in the end because they're jerks.

As for the birth, that's were Sarah died and I'm pretty sure the mother dies even if you do stay and rest and thanks to the runaways the soviets Arvo's group belong to hate you.

What I'm curious about is.... if you don't rescue Sarah, is nobody captured under debris and you can just rescue the runaway or does someone else fall and die despite all your effort?

I'm curious and worried about the finale, while I have no idea what might happen in it, except what I posted about before, which I really hope won't happen.

Ep 4:

I did not rob Arvo. But then when they surrounded us in the end there was no choice that acknowledged that. Arvo seems like the worst scum. I guess he hid the medicines from his group anyway then claimed we robbed him, and since the Russians (not sure if Arvo is Russian, it's an Estonian name) didn't speak English there was no way to try to create dissent among them.

I was actually surprised to find that I understood most of the Russian speaking, as they used only simple language -- I work with some Russian speakers but most of what they say I don't get

I'm pretty sure

Arvo didn't hide the medicine for himself. What's-her-face took them after she ran off on her own.

Though, I guess if you let her die and try to save Sarah instead (I'm assuming she dies), then that theory doesn't make sense. I gave up on Sarah at that point. Fuck her.

I think this was the best episode so far this season, personally.

Erkki, did the runaway steal the medicine whether you take any or not? This is just like the car scene in the first season. It doesn't matter if you take the provisions or not... you're the one to blame later...

I found a thread with the full translation, but the sum of it is that they want to rob them, one of them thinks they shouldn't do it because they are too many of them, one wants to kill them even if it kills Arvo, Arvo tries to dissuade the more aggressive one and then the mother turns and the episode ends.

Can what's-her-face/the runaway even die in this episode? I sent her to save Sarah in the end and she seems like she could kill zombies all die? The only options I had at that moment was to save Sarah or the runaway, but if you want to save Sarah, you ask the runway to drop and save her, she fails because Sarah is paralyzed with fear even when the debris she's covered in is lifted, so I assume that saving the runaway just jumps to Sarah dying?

I don't think Jane stole the medicine later after leaving. It doesn't make sense to me. Jane wanted to rob Arvo of the meds for the group, when she was still not sure she was going to leave, and maybe wanted to win more trust from the group. She didn't seem to have great need for them herself so I don't see why she would go through the trouble of tracking down Arvo and robbing him anyway. Arvo was trying to hide the meds in the first place so why would he not do that anyway after our little incident?

Jane took the rest of the medicine and we never got to see it, so there are only three options I can think of:
-Jane stole them.
-Arvo somehow returned and stole them.
-The game forgot or hoped we'd forgot about the rest of the medicine.

If Jane had left the medicine at the point she found them, the rest of the party would have them since it's were the baby is born. It's not something easily hidden, so that's out of the question. So it is possible the game just ignores the rest of the medicine because it would be too helpful for them...

Oh, I think this probably the answers since the game forgot about the water too, even if you stay and wait for the mother to recover, those giant bottles of water were 15 liters each MINIMUM, and this being a post-apocalyptic society I assume they didn't use it for bathing and we didn't even see them use any for the birth.

They should have at least one of those giant bottles left, I'm just guestimating here, but it should have lasted 3-4 days and I don't see them waiting any longer for the mother to recover.

Nobody really drinks the water, it was totally forgotten and cast aside, so I'd hate to say it, but I think it was forgotten like the medicine?

Season 3 confirmed!

Ok, I guess we can speculate more on how this ends? It would be nice to have one final season to see Clementine become even more strong and resourceful, I just hope they don't make it a yearly thing, it would get repetitive and predictable for sure if it does.... or we'll stop caring? I know I stopped caring about AssCreed once I found out it would be an annual thing.

I don't know what you mean when you say

Jane took the rest of the medicine. Nobody took any medicine for me on screen. I let him keep it. But it's stated (unless Arvo is lying) that SOMEONE took the medicine. There are two possibilities in my game: Arvo is lying or Jane took the medicine. There is the outstanding third possibility that some unknown party took it, but Occam's razor, etc.

Just finished episode 4 there

I liked Jane a lot, though I got the impression she was meant to be fanbait anyway and I knew that she wouldn't stick around the whole time. Though admittedly I didn't expect her to leave so abruptly. I did try to help Sarah but when it came to her or Jane (even though I'm certain she'd survive either way) Jane was more important to save.

I was actually half expecting the baby to be born as a zombie for the cruel twist of fate that entails, but I think that'd be a bit of an extreme move for the game.

Also about the Kenny creepy baby love, I mostly found his interest weird when he shoved his bloody face into the baby so he could smell it.

Quite disappointed that Sarah died, she was an interesting parallel to Clem and I was hoping that episode 4 and 5 would somehow involve toughening her up like Lee did for Clem.

Much as I enjoy the series I'm not sold on a series 3. I think I'll likely wait for all 5 episodes of it to come out and see which way the wind is blowing because this series has had its issues. I also want to know the premise of series 3. I don't want to play as Clem again unless they really change up how it'd go.

...they also better not be gearing up for you to play as Jane.

Come to think of it, Jane left empty handed, so unless she hid it somewhere.... I'm going to stick to the "They forgot about the medicine, just like water" theory. Sure the medicine is what Arvo uses as an excuse to attack you, but it's sole reason for existing, it's irrelevant whether you give it to the mother since she dies later and keeping the medicine would have changed a lot in the game, since many characters are pretty wounded, specially Kenny, but it's just there as an excuse to repeat the same sequence with the provisions you can steal from the car in season 1, it doesn't matter what you do, it gets you in trouble... Did the game "forget" about those provisions too?

You're right about Clementine, she seems to have grown enough to not need another season to see her grow, she's already proved to be as good as most of the adults.

Some are saying you'll play as the baby in the next season... Once again, if they kill Clementine, I'm out.

What are you talking about? Nobody forgot about anything...

If it goes bonkers with you being an axe wielding toddler where the central theme is "LOOK WHAT GROWING UP WITH ZOMBIES DOES TO PEOPLE" then I am back in.

Also yeah with both the water and medecine it seems like it's just sloppy writing where they want to present interesting situations but aren't concerned with a coherent sequence of events and consequences. What's weird is you could easily solve the Argo dilemma by saying something like "These people tried to/were going to rob me."

EDIT: Frankly I think Clem is overrepresented as capable. Other people lean on her more often than they really ought to. It loses a little of the beauty of season 1 where it didn't feel like you were the video game dude that progressed the whole experience, sometimes other people took action or did stuff for you. In this series there really doesn't seem to be all that much agency in the fringe characters. Even people who are active and do things often look for Clem's support before taking action and your choice can change which active character gets their way far too often.

I only realised this as I wrote all that out but I think that probably is a large part of why season 2 isn't doing as much for me.

Yes, nobody forgot anything www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQKKeMANWY&feature=player_detailpage#t=182 (spoiler)