BenLuke

Walking Dead Season the Second

I know that ps3 saves can be put on a USB. Xbox also supports USB storage, but it's weird in that it locks out a portion of your USB drive for 'security reasons' (which is probably hackable, and probably has already been hacked.) So therefore moving save data from console to PC would be easy. Cross console would be a harder thing. Idk if you are a part of telltale sham (the way you talked about this problem sounded like you were involved somehow), but it would be awesome if this was a thing. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who's facing this problem.

I know that there was a way to transfer 360 saves of Skyrim to PC using some third-party decryption tool, but I imagine that it's not as simple to have it work out that your PC interprets the save file from the earlier game for use in a second game. Also, that was a particularly singular case - I haven't heard it being done with any other Bethesda games, let alone any other games beyond that.

Misspellings of Baldur's Gate are one of my pet peeves.

Man, I feel you there. Shame on N1nja for being the only one to misspell that. :fart:

Misspellings of Baller's Gate are one of my pet peeves.

Totally agreed.

Well shit. I was finally going go play 400 Days, and discovered my saves have completely vanished. And then I discover that there is no save game editor or decision generator, and TWD2 also uses those saves, and now I'm super-bummed.

:(

I tried poking at the save files, to see if I could find somewhere to start digging, but nothing stood out. Anyone with super file analytics skillz wanna have a go? My assumption going in was that since the decisions are explicitly displayed in the game (if you have the notifications enabled) and the game can automatically generate them for you, they may be stored in such a way that they could be changed by some sweet coding tricks.

I would like a constructed save file tool because I played S1 on PS3, but I'm going to be doing this one on PC because it comes with a collector's DVD this time around.

I wonder if the guys at Lucasforums who made the Telltale music and sound file rippers (among others) might be up for it...

I tried poking at the save files, to see if I could find somewhere to start digging, but nothing stood out.

So the save files exist, but the game isn't finding them?

Idk if you are a part of telltale sham (the way you talked about this problem sounded like you were involved somehow)

I work there, but in the choreography department. I'm not really in the loop on the details of how the save stuff works.

I don't get it, my files where "gone" when I played 400 days, but when I started season too, the "previously" had all my choices. I guess they choices are saved elsewhere too?

Finished Ep1 last night with my wife.  I enjoyed the length; took us 4 play sessions to move through it.

Noticed that there was only one player choice that they graphed that had a 50/50 split. Can't imagine the writers are happy about that! :)

Clem feels much more enjoyable to play.  Lee was solid, but there was a bit too much telegraphing of his emotions.  Also I'm not anywhere near excited about having kids yet in real life, so the emotional weight of taking care of someone was a bit more exhausting in S1.

Had played S1 on the PS3, but made the leap over to PC for S2.  The experience is much smoother and sharper.  So far I haven't noticed any big ways in which my decisions did or did not carry over.  Part of that might be the fact that the game created a save file similar to my decisions, but S1 stuff just didn't come up in a noticeable way.

I'm so aware of sophomore slumps that my expectations are pretty low for S2. So far, so good, though.

Really really enjoyed the second episode, too emotionally drained to say any more than that.

Although if anyone else plays it, tell me if your choices show up at the end. My save file seems to be bugging out and i really hope nothing is lost.

GOOD JOB, NICK.

So did any Dota Today fans notice The Chasers cameo? Also possibly Gone Home's Christmas duck?

tell me if your choices show up at the end.

They did.

So I found this in episode 2 (note the N and L)

This is actually far more restrained than the Lorem Ipsum-esque "Goldblast Goneblum" text I would pour into anything I made.

I know this has been asked all over, but is the general consensus that the game is still totally fine if you don't have a save file? I played on PS3 and had my hard drive fail, so I know I can't bring my choices over. I've been holding out, hoping that someone would put together a save editor, but it seems like that is probably not going to happen. Does it seem like not having a save would break the experience too much?

Woah, I didn't see that! Awesome!

Other easter eggs:

- Christmas Duck from Gone Home (already mentioned)

- A book with the name "The Wizard's Gambit" (or something similar)

- A character says "F*ck Nick" (and "Goddammit, Nick!"). I laughed about this. :D

Just registered here to write this. Hey guys!

Edit: Just got the idea to look a the twitter accounts from the Idle guys. Here is a Retweet about Christmas Duck and here is a Vine about F*ck Nick.

So after a little while my choices showed up and everything was fine. On that note, it looks like pretty much every choice was down to the wire, so good job on that front.

Brilliant episode, stretched the hour and 40 minutes that i played it in to a gruelling experience that felt like 3 hours. I actually predicted that matthew was just an alias for carver, but i freaked when i realized it was the bridge guy, and that he found my knife in the bag.

I also audibly yelped when i heard alvin say "f u c k Nick"

The Kenny reveal was incredible also, completely took me by surprise. Really happy with how this season is going.

I immediately realized

Matthew was the bridge guy and got super depressed and had to take a break on account of being super depressed at killing Matthew

Good episode.

I'm sure I am in the minority on this, but I wasn't crazy about it being Kenny who came back.  I know that they have a plan for what they're doing with him - they hinted at it a couple of times, like when he took the box from Sarita or when he calls Clem as Duck.  But still, he had a perfect ending in my story, jumping down to save Ben as some sort of contrition for how he treated him, even though it was pointless and Ben was doomed to die.  I felt that bringing him back was a little cheap and out of sync with the tone of the game to this point. 

Also, I adamantly refused to say "I thought you were dead!" when I saw that the dialogue option of "HOLY SHIT" was availalbe.

I'm having a hard time getting emotionally attached to anyone in the story so far.  I haven't been able to talk to them enough to get a sense for their personalities, and the exposition hasn't been great to this point.  Walter's brief development was the best of anyone in the game so far, and he's a goner now.  I guess I just miss being able to have extended conversations with people as Lee.  Also, I miss the chemistry and protective instincts I had when playing as Lee.

This episode was impeccably paced, but I'm still waiting for that hook to grab me the way that season 1 did.

So is Xmas Duck more than a Gone Home homage or do they actually use them in America?

I almost cried when I say Kenny was alive... I know he's going to give a lot of trouble in the end... but... he's Kenny, dammit!

It's already obvious that Kenny NEEDS Clementine and is seeing her as a replacement for Duck, whether this is healthy or messed up... I'm still not sure.

I cringed when I saw the machine guns, geez, I would say "GEEZ! Another zombie apocalypse game where you have to deal more with bandits with machine guns than with zombies?", if I didn't know that this is the Walking Dead and the next episode will try to who how Carver really is... but I'm sure in the end we'll leave with Kenny and hopefully his new girlfriend, I don't know who of the other group will survive the next episode. The only one who seemed nice seems to have run away.

I knew the lady we gave a book of supplies to would be back with some people, but I didn't expect it to be Carver and if he's the real daddy of the pregnant's lady who ran away, I can imagine this camp won't be that nice.

I also knew the moment we killed that guy in the bridge it would be trouble... Sure they try to trick with a tiny shack with no food, to make us think he lied, but the moment we reached the ski resort and they mentioned one of their friends was out there... I knew we killed him.

From the preview we see "bonding time with box girl", I guess we can try to befriend to either get her help escaping or simply betraying her in some way.

I'm starting to wonder if this series needed a second season.  So far, I've found this season to be mainly hitting similar themes and notes as Season One, only contorting itself a little bit more to keep the plot from repeating itself.  After the emotional high/low of the S1E5 finale, it's just hard for me to feel anything but numb to the events of this world.

Well, it's good to see Clementine surviving on her own, but yeah... I pretty much expect every choice to be "wrong" in the same way the previous season was... except now we know how it works better, so it's slightly less effective.

I'm starting to wonder if this series needed a second season.  So far, I've found this season to be mainly hitting similar themes and notes as Season One, only contorting itself a little bit more to keep the plot from repeating itself.  After the emotional high/low of the S1E5 finale, it's just hard for me to feel anything but numb to the events of this world.

How isn't this consistent with character development in this series? I've enjoyed playing Clementine as a savvy young survivalist, and the second season has been markedly different because Clementine is more a member rather than a leader of any people she is among.

Does any game need a second season or sequel? No, but people want it and are playing and enjoying it.

How isn't this consistent with character development in this series? I've enjoyed playing Clementine as a savvy young survivalist, and the second season has been markedly different because Clementine is more a member rather than a leader of any people she is among.

Does any game need a second season or sequel? No, but people want it and are playing and enjoying it.

Although most of the group is fine with her now, I enjoy the fact that during most of episode 1 and 2 Clem is actually at odds with the rest of the cast. Lee in season 1 assumed a leadership position almost immediately, and generally seemed to be given more opportunities to manage the group (the suicidal lady at the motel, the food rationing).