Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

The Idle Broadcasts Thread

Didn't see a thread like this, so...

Hello there! Do you have a Twitch/JustinTV channel? Do you broadcast yourself playing Video games/drawing/other stuff? Do you want to share those live broadcasts with fellow Idle Thumbers? Well then, this thread is for YOU.

So yeah, if you wanna promote your Twitch/JTV broadcasts, you can do that here. Just take in mind of these guidelines:

- Always post a link to your channel each time you're going live.

- If you're planning a broadcast and want to promote before that time, be sure to post the day and time. Be wary of time zones!

- Be sure to say what you're broadcasting. 

- Don't abuse this thread, don't want a crazy overflow of posts! Promote sparingly so that people can see other's broadcasts.

- Be wary of people broadcasting at the same time as you! May wanna avoid that!

I'll make an archive of Idle Thumbs Community Channels here for posterity. Also, it would be cool if the actual Idle Thumbs could promote their live broadcasts here as well? Some people usually miss the broadcasts because there aren't any clear announcements other than from Chris' Twitter or the Idle Thumbs Twitter, so here could be a great place to advertise them. If you're not broadcasting right now, but want your channel to be added on the list, you can post your channel here just for that.

Wanna start broadcasting? Just download OBS. It's free and easy to broadcast with. Fuck Xsplit.

So yeah! I guess I'll start the list with my own channel and the Idle Thumbs channel.

BROADCAST LIST:

I broadcast video games. Big surprise, no? I mostly broadcast old ass games or silly mods for old games.

So yeah, post away!  :tup:

I streamed my doing game dev stuff for the first time a few days ago, it was kind of fun so I will probably do it again. My channel is www.twitch.tv/impromptujoe

I streamed my doing game dev stuff for the first time a few days ago, it was kind of fun so I will probably do it again. My channel is thus

That link leads to this thread. :P

Weird, edited

Cool! Added your channel to the list. Also, really loved InFlux!

Seeing as this thread isn't being used, I guess I'll give it a bump! Broadcasting Resident Evil 4 in 20 minutes. I'll be playing a permadeath Proffesional difficulty playthrough, cuz why not?

Feel free to stop by before then, since I'll be setting it up and will be in the chatroom.

http://www.twitch.tv/thecineaste03

Somehow, I had not seen this thread.

I'm kinda old; can you explain what the appeal is of live broadcast versus archived video?

Somehow, I had not seen this thread.

I'm kinda old; can you explain what the appeal is of live broadcast versus archived video?

Personally, I do it just for fun and to talk with people who are watching. For me, it's less about "I'm skilled and Imma show you my skills" and it's more about "Hey, Imma play this game. Let's talk while I play it, and see if anything dumb happens in the game." The Idle Thumbs Broadcasts of Crusader Kings and Far Cry 2 are perfect examples of this.

EDIT: Thanks for watching! I will continue my game tomorrow, if I have the time.

With all this twitch talk today and the wine in my system, I've become curious again. Are any thumbs streaming on a regular basis? Are any thumbs streaming right now?

I could stream some dotos right now! I'm about to play. But... but I suck at dotos so I don't wanna.

With all this twitch talk today and the wine in my system, I've become curious again. Are any thumbs streaming on a regular basis? Are any thumbs streaming right now?

Nah, they're all pretty idle.

Well I'm going to continue to watch

until I hear otherwise or go to bed.

I've started to stream regularly since last week. Streaming both Dark Souls 2 and doing a critical play-through of System Shock 2.

My channel: http://www.twitch.tv/thecineaste03

I streamed a few of my Spelunky daily challenges back when the Idle Explorers club was active.  I've periodically considered doing so again since I'm STILL playing Spelunky everyday but I really don't think I'm interesting enough that anyone would want to watch.

I just tried streaming some game dev for a bit now, using hitbox.tv. I'll be back later to stream, I'll post in here when I'm online.

I streamed a few of my Spelunky daily challenges back when the Idle Explorers club was active.  I've periodically considered doing so again since I'm STILL playing Spelunky everyday but I really don't think I'm interesting enough that anyone would want to watch.

I had a tendency to watch the last minute of pretty much everyone's run in the IE club.  It never really gets old watching people die in that game. 

I had a tendency to watch the last minute of pretty much everyone's run in the IE club.  It never really gets old watching people die in that game. 

The end of the run does tend to be the most interesting part.  I can't blame people for wanting to skip to the end, which is one of the reasons I don't stream.

I finally got set up with Twitch and did my first livestream last night with Dishonored. Now that I think I have most of the kinks ironed out, I'm going to give it another shot and am going to do another session right now.

If anyone is interested, my channel is here: http://www.twitch.tv/xxzeusthecatxx 

And I'm playing through on Hard difficulty.

Hmm, I've been streaming a few things occasionally, but I still feel like an idiot most of the time.

I finally got set up with Twitch and did my first livestream last night with Dishonored. Now that I think I have most of the kinks ironed out, I'm going to give it another shot and am going to do another session right now.

If anyone is interested, my channel is here: http://www.twitch.tv/xxzeusthecatxx 

And I'm playing through on Hard difficulty.

That link is dead.. :(

A while ago I streamed a couple games of Dota 2 and also me dying a lot in Styx. It was bad so I stopped. )':

What the hell. They're the same link, yet the first one doesn't work and the second one does. What the hell.