posh_somme

The Room Two

so this came out yesterday and I just picked it up, just done chapter 1 and most of chapter 2 so far but i'm really enjoying it. if you liked the first one at all there's no doubt that you should get it. this one appears to have a bunch more locations and contraptions than the first one too

it does kinda play like a parody of the first game though, since you're constantly sliding and aligning bits and pieces to reveal entire objects, a lot of the actions seem really petty compared to what they reveal. and often you'll just slide a thing like 5 times in a row in different areas of the same box and it'll get you as many items or something. i think i got stuck for a long time in the first one because i wasn't sliding right. some of the interactions don't feel as intuitive as they're supposed to be, i think, though i've not had much of a problem with that in this one yet. nothing super puzzling yet either, after playing professor layton a lot recently and device 6 i hope it makes me have to write stuff down on paper at some point

I think The Room (the first one) is free for a while to celebrate the release of the second.  I don't have an iDevice so I'm waiting for it to come out on Android (or a Humble Bundle).

I think The Room (the first one) is free for a while to celebrate the release of the second.  I don't have an iDevice so I'm waiting for it to come out on Android (or a Humble Bundle).

I'm sorry, but you already missed that Android Humble Bundle...

Will the new one be out on Android too?

I'm sorry, but you already missed that Android Humble Bundle...

Will the new one be out on Android too?

I meant a Humble Bundle with The Room Two.  I got the first one from the bundle you're talking about.  I assume it's eventually going to be on Android since they put the first one on there.

I played this and am completely stuck on the ship weight thing. The hint means nothing to me. I literally cannot find what it's referencing.

I just played the room (one) a couple of weeks ago. So I think I'll wait a month or so to play this one. 

The Room and Device 6 are just making me think I need to pull out Riven and Rhem again. I get a little surprised when people say they get baffled by some of the puzzles in them, which I recognise is my problem because I'm used to puzzle games that don't fuck around.

well i'm stuck for the first time in the fourth room i think? the clue says something about the message on the typewriter but i see no message. any help?

I just used a hint for the first time "look inside the camera" which is kinda annoying as I assumed that, must have just not been double tapping in the right place or something

Edit. Yeah I just had to twist the lens to get the picture in focus

Just did the typewritter. Type in what's written on the piece of paper near by then push the return key on the right side of the typewritter

Finished. That was fun. I think I prefer the first game as it had you focus on a singular puzzle box where as this one has you constantly going backwards and forwards to several puzzle stations around the room. Didn't get stuck or required anymore hints. Loved it

Just finished this, I really like both the room and the room two, this brand of puzzle solving is really fascinating to me, really feels tactile. Almost as if you could make the contraptions for real but with that ten or so percent fantastical elements to add intrigue. Really fun and well worth it, couldn't put it down until I had completed it in one sitting.