Stuart

The Official Video Game Music Corner

A lot of people have been talking about Shantae in the Recently Completed thread, but I don't recall anyone mentioning how kickass the soundtrack is. The whole thing is pretty great, but this track in particular is just 100% jammin.

I can't stop listening to Xenoblade Chronicles X's music. The music that plays when you're fighting Tyrants especially:

I discovered last night that my preferred background music for writing is Commodore 64 music. I never grew up with one, but the music falls into a sweet spot of engaging but innocuous that helps me work.

I kinda love the Fast Racing Neo OST. Sweet techno jams in abundance.

Also, the overworld themes for Xenoblade Cross are kind of amazing:

^ This one is for Oblivia.

Gonna take a moment to say "hooray" for the music in Pokemon X / Y. Especially these two tracks.

Wild Pokemon Battle

Battle vs Friends

I had no idea the Zelda series (that I've never played because I never had anything Nintendo) had a jam like this

I continue to be obsessed with finding different arrangements of Corridors of Time. Two more really good ones that I don't think I ever posted here:

eeeeverything about the AOEII soundtrack is wonderful. It's just this big warm blanket of being an adolescent and spending all weekend on msn gaming zone. So many ideas in that soundtrack, great arrangements and life. That opening track in particular is my favorite... associate it with the clean slate of a new game, getting the basics of your starter level village up and running... such a nice feeling.

I've been going through a bunch of Kyle Landry videos and that dude has put together some really fantastic arrangements. I especially like this one:

Good to see the return of the music thread!

Been listening to this on repeat for the last few days. I never played the game, but I sure like Nero:

On 2/16/2017 at 1:33 AM, Noyb said:

Been listening to these great mixtapes of "strange video game music" assembled by composer and game developer Liz Ryerson:

A Digital Abyss

The Digital Void

ah, this is me! i just joined this forum out of curiosity and was about to come to this thread to post something! haha