Stuart

The Official Video Game Music Corner

Bah, c'mon people. Surely you must listen to more vidja game music! I feel like I'm always hogging this thread. :P

Say what you will about A Machine for Pigs, but ya gotta admit that Jessica Curry's music is extraordinary. She needs to do more video game music, specially for horror games!

I didn't even know this game existed (for shame) until I listened to the latest Tone Control. Now I'm sad I missed out on it. 90's me would have loved it (the music especially!). 

Edit: Also! does anybody get major Deus Ex vibes from this? I totally did, so much so that I looked up the composer. Turns out he is indeed a Deus Ex composer. Sweet!

I didn't even know this game existed (for shame) until I listened to the latest Tone Control. Now I'm sad I missed out on it. 90's me would have loved it (the music especially!). 

Oh wow, really? The Crusader games were fantastic, you should check them out. (I think they're available on GOG.)

Bah, c'mon people. Surely you must listen to more vidja game music! I feel like I'm always hogging this thread. :P

It's getting hard to think of games that i haven't already posted music for in previous versions of this thread! I'd even already done Crusader posts!

How about Shadowrun Returns, i probably already did that, but it's on my mind again with the trailer announcement of the add-on. The game has a great OST where they actually dug up the guys who composed the SNES and Genesis games waaaaaaaaaay back when.

^ I particularly love this ambient piece.

^ But here's one of the

of music from the SNES game reworked as a battle theme.

Jesus, you can tell it's been a while since I've used internet forums, how the heck do you embed a youtube video?!

So embarrassing, small children can do this. I feel like a proper old man...

Jesus, you can tell it's been a while since I've used internet forums, how the heck do you embed a youtube video?!

So embarrassing, small children can do this. I feel like a proper old man...

At this forum you just post a link and it seems like everything is done for you. Pretty spiffy forums!

Here's one of my all time favourite video game tracks... Danny Elfman's theme to the original Fable. It starts off simple, then gets very layered :)

Seeing that earlier Mass Effect video reminded me of this one which plays the first time you see the Citadel. It's a great blend between classical instruments and scifi synths.

Finally here's a real earworm from Device 6. For some reason, it won't embed, but here's a link

The forum normally only lets you do two embeds per post.

Anyways, i might have posted this one before, but probably without the awesome accompanying start screen.

The forum normally only lets you do two embeds per post.

Anyways, i might have posted this one before, but probably without the awesome accompanying start screen.

Excellent choice, still need to finish that game...

I'm still back and forth on whether this game is brilliant or kind of bullshit. (I'm leaning towards the former.) Either way, it has an awesome soundtrack.

Excellent choice, still need to finish that game...

One of my favorite RPG's of the last decade, absolutely loved it.

This is one of my all-time game music favourites:

OK, that's not actually the original. It's a (very authentic) high-definition remake as the SNES version doesn't have very much clarity sadly. But man, it just takes me straight back to the thick and enveloping atmosphere some of DKC's levels had. Of course, then DKC2 came along and there was even more emphasis on the darker visual and musical themes:

^ The beauty of 1:30 was contrasted by it accompanying some of the most ferociously difficult levels I've encountered in any game ever

Shit, the music was on fire for these games. :tup: