Stuart

The Official Video Game Music Corner

Hot damn, I was surprised to not see a thread specifically about this! Yeah yeah, there is a a whole thread dedicated to music recommendations, and there is a thread about video game music albums. But a thread solely about video game music and nothing else? No where to be found! Lemme fix that.

Here are basic guidelines:

- It has to be video game music. From Dear Esther to Gears of War and everything in between. Don't let base definitions of "WHAT IS GAME?!1/!?1?" stop you from posting a song. If you think it's a video game and like a song from it, go ahead and post that goddamn song.

- You can also post video game music fan remixes and covers. 

- Three songs max per post

- I-I-I-I-I uh...oh, uh, erm, exuberance?

And that is all! Lemme commence this train(wreck?) of excitement.

I shall start with the FPS national anthem:

Now something majestic, epic in scale and grandeur:

And finally, the only song in the whole world that makes me sing-along like a nutcase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_q2JsMTwK4

I'M STIIIIIILL IN A DREAAAAAAAAAAM! SNAKE EAAATEERRRRRRRR!!!!

Question: is the Tetris theme considered applicable, given that it's not actually from a video game but is inextricably linked to one?

NIER TIME

Question: is the Tetris theme considered applicable, given that it's not actually from a video game but is inextricably linked to one?

Don't matter! It's in a game and it's technically a remix of a classical song, so whatevs!

(Also, stick to posting up to three vids max, so we can avoid long scrolling plz. Also, dat Nier music...) 

I have probably listened to the entire 3 disc Chrono Cross soundtrack more than any other music in my life. 

https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/7960-music-of-the-games-of-video/

I think that was the original thread, though I don't think it really matters.

I really like the music from Battlefield 1942, it was so good. The theme was just so perfect.

In about a year somebody will post a new game music thread, and somebody will reply to it linking to this thread :)

(this was linked to the thread you linked https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/6847-soundtracks-for-the-video-games-and-your-most-beloved-ones/ )

In about a year somebody will post a new game music thread, and somebody will reply to it linking to this thread :)

(this was linked to the thread you linked https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/6847-soundtracks-for-the-video-games-and-your-most-beloved-ones/ )

HAH. Well, erm, um...

Some MGS4 music?

Best version of that song.

I've never played this game in my life but this song came up on Salty Bet and got stuck in my head for like a solid week, so I guess that means it's good.

Superb that we have a 2004 Jesper Kyd album, which I think is before he really hit it big time with Assassin's Creed?

We liked him before he went mainstream.

So, I have no idea whether we should now put everything here or keep all the various threads active when needed, but here are three VGM renditions/remixes:

One of few reasons why a DOTT Special Edition would have been worthwhile:

Made the trailer amazing and was probably my introduction to wub-wub:

y3TrjEuXuNw

A cheap one because I worked on Gibbage (RIP):

Whenever the topic of holiday-themed/relevant Video games is raised, this is never not the first thing that pops into my head; i kind of hate it.

Banjo & Kazooie Freezeey Peak counts, the level has a Christmas tree and presents and everything!

Also James Pond 2: Robocod... it's all about saving Santa Claus!

Banjo & Kazooie Freezeey Peak counts, the level has a Christmas tree and presents and everything!

Aaaah, Banjo Kazooie music! So good. 

Anyway, been playing Kentucky Route Zero. The music is hypnotic.

For reasons unknown, I will find myself accidentally humming the shop music from Dungeons of Dredmor at least once a week, even though I haven't played that game in months and months.