Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 3: Burning the Box

Terminal7 3:

465__cover.jpg

Burning the Box

On this tripartite cast, Nels and Jesse give their reading on Second Thoughts (note: egregious "thoughts" pun was not made), FFG's announcement of an upcoming drafting format for Netrunner and how to run a wicked tournament.

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner (Don't expect this will change much)

Online deckbuilding sites mentioned on the cast:

I am now addicted to OCTGN. It's terrible.

I am loving OCTGN now that I understand the interface. Netrunner everyday 

It's so bad, but so good. We should start some sort of group to co-ordinate games.

Did you guys mention Off the Grid in your discussion of Second Thoughts? My Weyland deck is running it and it's working really well. It takes a lot of money, some big Ice and a sense of when not to go for it, but I'm liking it a lot. Corporate Troubleshooter works really well with it as a complement too.

On a side note, I've managed to hit people with Troubleshot Archers in the past couple games (in one case, twice within a couple turns!) and it is so, so satisfying.

Did you guys mention Off the Grid in your discussion of Second Thoughts? My Weyland deck is running it and it's working really well. It takes a lot of money, some big Ice and a sense of when not to go for it, but I'm liking it a lot. Corporate Troubleshooter works really well with it as a complement too.

I think so and yeah, OtG is great. Esp. in Weyland or HB when you can use Oversight AI or Bioroid Efficiency Research to turn HQ into just a horrible gigantic iron mountain without actually paying much for it. Gotta be careful about Criminals hitting it with Sneakdoor (or maybe Copycat) but if you can pay for it, yeah, it's way solid.

On a side note, I've managed to hit people with Troubleshot Archers in the past couple games (in one case, twice within a couple turns!) and it is so, so satisfying.

Haha, nice =) Yeah, with the corp big money boost between Restructure and Profiteering, you can do some terrible things with Corporate Troubleshooter (and to an extent Draco, although it getting Femme'd or Shutdown hurts). But yeah, it doesn't matter if you're floating 5 BP if your opponent doesn't have to the breakers to get past a simple Wall of Static. It's pretty solid =)

I actually don't use OAI in my Weyland deck. I just have a boatload of money and rez things the old fashioned way or I hit them with Priority Requisition.

The part where Nels goes crazy:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4549

Also, over the weekend I got to dig into Mala Tempora. I'm super stoked for Reina Roja. Realized that using Forged Activation Orders with her base ability means you could (potentially) use her base ability more than once. Reina's ability says "The rez cost of the first piece of ice rezzed each turn is incresed by 1." thus, if they can't rez it at +1, it hasn't been rezzed and hasn't activated yet. Not sure if that's going to get errataed or not, but we shall see.

Looking forward to Ep4!

P.s. Finally got an OCTGN account. Name as forum name, however I haven't had any time to actually use it other than build some decks :/

Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that synergy with FAO. Of course, it doesn't work if they decide to rez the thing you forge. Still, it's sort of similar to Kit in that way: the Corp needs to take the hit now, or the power will still be active later on.

This podcast is great, I listened to the first three episodes of it before having ever played the game myself and became hooked.

Since then I've been playing a lot on OCTGN and I'm loving the game, I completely understand what you mean when you say the complexity of the game opens up to you after a couple of rounds.

P.S. - Sweet choice of intro song with the Neotokyo OST.