Steve

Oh my holy gosh in heaven it's Clint Hocking everybody! Tone Control Ep. 4

I wish this was even longer. I know there isn't a good publishable answer here, but I really wanted to a hear a "so, what are you working on at Valve?" 

Even though we all know it's a totally procedural, system drive open world HL3 earth vs aliens game. 

I believe there was a reveal that he was working on L4D3. That game seems suited to his strengths in terms of his ability to create memorable experiences via emergent gameplay systems. I look forward to having to manage anti-zombie meds before I turn into a smoker and turn on my teammates!

I really enjoy these podcasts.  Keep it up.

Yeah, they're brillo, a fine new addition to the Thumbs horse-bag.

Re. animals in FC2, it's a shame that they couldn't have made killing them really boring but keep petting in. Perhaps petting would have made them interesting enough to kill even if the act itself was rendered banal...

He was working on Left 4 dead 3 wasn't he? Was that a confirmed thing in those leaked Valve job listings. So we can speculate that Left 4 Dead is almost finished and blah blah blah and Half life 3 is never coming out

I wonder if Valve is actually a good place to work if you like to create games...?

Given how long it's been since they've actually shipped a single player game, one would imagine it's not so great for creative types these days. At least not creative types of the "I want to release a complete, standalone artistic work for people to enjoy" variety.

Haha, yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how many people are devoted to DOTA2 which seems to be constantly shipping stuff, and my L4D2 seems to constantly update, though I haven't played much to know what changes. I can't decide whether working at Valve is a Utopia or a Terry Gilliam-esque non-hierarchal but bureaucratic nightmare.  it never cease to amaze me how little material seems to come out of an organization that successful.