Sign in to follow this  
melmer

I need a little help regarding my buttocks

There is no happy medium with leather furniture. Its always freezing cold when you first sit down... then in an hour its hot and sticky. That's assuming its not summertime, when it starts hot and sticky. And god help you if you accidentally left it in direct summer sunlight all day before sitting down...

I recently had to find something to sit on for gaming with my telly which is only about a foot off the floor, and in the end I plumped for a massive beanbag - it needs to be big enough to give a bit of back support when you're in it. I also considered fishing chairs but it's hard to tell online how close to the ground specific chairs are.

And they get super cold too.

Yeah the cold I can at least deal with because they warm up fast. But then, like Ucantalas said, they warm up fast.

There's always those fabric ceiling swings.

post-31977-0-72630000-1385587925.png

Just don't mistakenly get a sex swing. Your colon may not like that too much.

I was actually kind of disappointed when I was looking for the PS4 box in the first picture too... And it wasn't there.  :tdown:

It hadn't arrived in the post yet when the first pic was taken.

Chair update! I'm very pleased with it. Just looking at my assassins creed stats and I've spent 22 hours in this bad boy, so far it has served my buttocks well

Hey I am buying a couch and unfortunately my budget is not huge so I'll probably be going cheap-o Ikea.

This one looks okay I think??

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29875680/

Does anyone have experience with cheap-o Ikea-couches? Or cheap-o other-couches? No leather! Gross! Ew! Fabric only!

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10281373/

Oh, lol didn't read

Why go cheapo? This is something your'll theoretically be sitting on for multiple hours everyday for the next 5 years. Why get something cheap and uncomfortable. I'm not saying go crazy, just saying there's a few things in life that you shouldn't skimp on like a nice chair or a television.

What I will suggest is go to IKEA and sit on stuff! That really helped us decide (we've got an ikea couch), you may sit on the couch you've linked to and find it's as hard as a board

Yeah go to IKEA, the difference in feel and comfort between their sofas are very significant even in similar price ranges. Beds and sofas are two things I would just never buy blind.

For what it's worth, I have the following IKEA sofa and absolutely love it because it's very plump and the arm rests are at the best height ever for gaming, eating, and basically everything:

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/89884808/

My sister-in-law had a Karlstad couch, I didn't find it particularly good or bad either way. Seemed a little small, I think it was going more for compact and visually appealing than comfortable.

I bought an Ektorp w/ chaise for $600, which I actually like quite a bit. It has a ton of color options and the covers are replaceable and machine-washable, which I figured was worthwhile since I have cats that could potentially make a mess of things (would have to spot-clean otherwise). It's much more plush than the Karlstad in my recollection.

Yeah just go sit in them. It's worth it. If the cost of driving there in a rented van is less than the delivery cost you're double gold.

I need cheap-o because I don't have money!!!! And I don't have time to save up because it'd take a long long long time and right now the only things in my apartment that I have to sit on are computer chair, bed, and floor. In the distant future when I don't feel like I'm still living in college on student loans for some reason, I'll go bigger.

Yeah I intend to go sit on a couch but I figured I'd ask for ideas first. I won't be doing this for a while anyway because I have literally no way of getting to an Ikea on my own. I am utterly reliant on getting some sucker I mean friend to take me to an Ikea.