melmer

Persona 5 - 2015 the year of the PS3 / Persona Q - 3DS

That non-dungeon gameplay footage is blowing my head clean off. It's not often one watches a trailer for something that could genuinely end up being their favorite game of all time.

Guys who cares about P5 when this is going to happen:

I can't wait to see bishi Youske dancing to all my favourite P4 choons. Let's get the party starteeeeddd!!

(The Vita does look nice though... Maybe this'll make me get one)

Is that the Japanese Teddie voice in the Dancing All Night video? URGH! It's so grating, I felt like ripping my ears off. I thought English Teddie was irritating...

Fun trivia: North America's first exposure to the Shin Megami Tensei series was heralded by a Virtual Boy spin-off game starring Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Jack Ripper (Jack Skelton in NA).

GaMmZQ8.jpg

hdbs9wp.jpg

The contrast between the Japanese cover and the American cover is a pretty hilarious demonstration of the difference in marketing between those countries.

Fun trivia: North America's first exposure to the Shin Megami Tensei series was heralded by a Virtual Boy spin-off game starring Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Jack Ripper (Jack Skelton in NA).

hdbs9wp.jpg

My best friend's cousin has that game still in the box. That fucking thing goes for like $800 and up on ebay boxed. It's one of the rarest games (or at least the most expensive and rare) out there.

The contrast between the Japanese cover and the American cover is a pretty hilarious demonstration of the difference in marketing between those countries.

I like the first cover better. I guess America just doesn't market to me.

I like the first cover better. I guess America just doesn't market to me.

The American versions of Japanese game covers are frequently much worse. The classic example being Ico. I don't know that I really like either in this particular case, but I suspect the Japanese one is more representative of the actual game.

PV2 has been announced. Holy fuck are things looking good.

https://vid.me/TmOd

There's a lot of interesting things going on in this trailer. It looks like the personas are created by removing masks. Masks are a perfect fit for Persona games.

Co4HweF.gif

Also dungeons are looking a lot more dynamic. traps and hiding looks fucking sweet. Here's hoping that it's not going to become too stale.

j5pPvT0.gif

Now all we need is a release date for the damned thing! I can't wait. It's going to be so, so good.

qx5UTpi.gif

Would this be the place to talk about the entity that is now called Revelation of the Illusion #FE?

Because it looks fucking rad.

Is that the SMT/FE crossover? 

Has there been more info leaked on it yet then? Because all the promotional stuff that I've seen tells me exactly nothing. Just that there's dancing. I guess I would be excited for it if I knew exactly what it was. It looks like Macross Frontier. 

Not really, just the Treehouse footage from Nintendo. It sort of looks like Persona, except instead of high school, it's idols, and instead of demons it's Fire Emblem characters. 

I've finally reached the last labyrinth

The Clocktower

in Persona Q and man, the story got heavier than I expected it to. But it was really good. I love that the characters and story can be so genuine and touching. It just felt really relevant to a lof of things that I've been feeling and thinking about in my post-college life. Very cathartic.

I didn't have any expectations for this game, and when I first heard about it I thought it would just be a cheap fan-fiction style crossover...which, YMMV, maybe it is...but it's gone above and beyond what I thought it could be and I'm loving every minute. Can't wait to finish it out! I'm even considering a hard mode replay with the P4 protag.

New trailer

Not sure about a western release date, but it's coming out 2 weeks before FF in Japan, eek that's going to make a dent

And here I was worried I wouldn't get to see a teenager in a bikini. :(

And should we take bets on which member of the female cast will be unable to cook to a hilarious degree?

I'm sure I'm going to really enjoy this game on the whole but it gets harder and harder to get excited about JRPGs the older I get.

Ridiculously excited for this game. P4G and P3FES were awesome. I tried playing PQ but couldn't really get into it after 10 or so hours. Even though the combat is pretty similar to P3/4, something about it rubbed me the wrong way.

I hate the social gameplay mechanic of having to be in the right place on the right day. I ended up running around the whole town everyday in P4 which was tedious as hell.

Hope they scrap that for this game. Mobile phone exist! How about group chat all friend 'wanna hang out?', 'yeah come meet me at where ever'

Make it more so that you are choosing to spend time with certain characters over others.

I was excited for Persona 5 back when I thought it was going to be on PS3, which is a system I own. I don't have a PS4 and have no plans to get one, even for Atlus. I mean, maybe they'll get around to doing a PC version? Weirder things have happened.

Last I checked they never canceled the PS3 version. According to every source I can find it's still coming out on PS3.

Last I checked they never canceled the PS3 version. According to every source I can find it's still coming out on PS3.

So it is. Huh. I strongly suspect that that means the PS3 version will be the dramatically inferior version, but being able to run it at all is something.