Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

Video game music renditions

New Donkey Kong Country 2 remix on OC ReMix:

A good time to point out that OC ReMix's albums remixing the entire DKC1, DKC2, and DKC3 soundtracks have some great stuff, although with the styles varying so much between tracks you might not like everything. Here are some I enjoy:

If you've not listened to the albums and like DKC's music then they would be a great way for you to kill (a lot of) time.

Incidentally, the DKC2 composer is co-composing the next DKC Returns soundtrack. If he delivers anything like the DKC2 soundtrack I will be... very pleased.

Yeah, I read that recently too. No idea how all that's working, but shit that community has a lot of talent.

In other news, after looking into it I found that five tracks from the upcoming Donkey Kong Country: Returns have been released:

One is a remake — one of DKC1's most beloved tracks, cheaply making this relevant to the thread. The last track in particular reassures me that we're going to be hearing more of the 'dark' style that pervaded the majority of DKC2's soundtrack (and DKC1's to a lesser extent).

I'm looking forward to giving it a go when I eventually pick up a Wii U. The original Returns was a solid foundation to build upon, and it'll be nice to experience something that musically stands on its own two feet a bit more rather than just remixing music from the original trilogy. Also the levels look more varied and interesting this time.

one of DKC1's most beloved tracks, cheaply making this relevant to the thread

I was like "is it the underwater music PLEASE BE THE UNDERWATER MUSIC" and it is. Nice.

I'm probably one of two people that prefers the DKC1 soundtrack to every other DK soundtrack in existence. Jungle Beat almost makes it just for how interactive and dynamic it was, but I love me some DKC1.

Holy shit, this guy:

Mother fucker even busts out an ocarina.

Holy shit, this guy:

Mother fucker even busts out an ocarina.

Yes, FamilyJules7X rocks.

You should check MMMMMM, which is the VVVVVV soundtrack performed by FJ7X

His elder scrolls medly is also awesome: