Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

Help Naughty Dog Replica Creator With His Fight Against Cancer!

788127_1384406358.9327.jpg

A friend of mine who's a NeoGaf member told me about this tragic occurrence. David Vigil (pictured above), also known as "The Vigilante", is suffering from Stage 2 Pancreatic Cancer. I'll let the original creator of the Gaf thread explain further. 

David Vigil, otherwise known as "That Vigilante" is suffering from Stage 2 Pancreatic cancer. Last year, David was also fighting for his life because of cancer, but with the help of some very generous people and the massive spread of word on twitter and such, enough money was raised to save him. Unfortunately, during a simple check-up, they found out that the cancer has spread and David is now in an even worse state than before. If David wants to get treated, he needs $48,000 before November 18th November 21st, which is a hell of a goal.

(Edit: Deadline has been pushed back in hopes of still reaching the goal (we're SO close!). Please help make this miracle occur! Even with just 38k out of 47k David is guaranteed of getting surgery, and we're only around 7k short of reaching that!!)

The guys and gals at Naughty Dog helped him tremedously last year through twitter (I remember Amy Hennig frantically rallying everyone to donate, and personally thanking everyone who did). His name also appears in the Last of Us in the form of a collectible Firefly pendant, in case his name rings a bell.

David makes amazing collectible merchandise inspired by Naughty Dog games and his work has been featured on Kotaku, among other sites. He's made multiple watches from Uncharted (did you know Drake wears a different one in each game?), Drake's leather gun holster, his belt buckle, Ellie and Joel's backpacks, a Clicker pencil holder, and more.

You can check out the original Gaf thread here, if you want more detail and updates on the donations and David's situation:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715529

From what I've heard, David is a wonderful person and artist, and it would be amazing if people in these forums would aid his unfortunate and tragic plight by donating towards his cancer treatment.

Here are your options of donation:

- His GoFundMe page

- His own website, where you can buy his awesome stuff (pics below). All the money goes towards his treatment. He has them in stock and they'll be shipped starting January.

sz9PPvL.jpg

My friend has been going around asking game developers, game reviewers/critics, and game-related Youtubers to retweet the thread. So far, many kind people involved in the game industry have retweeted him, such as Jim Sterling, Leigh Alexander, Jeff Green, Mega64, Max Scoville, Gary Whitta, and our very own Chris Remo. It would be nice if you tweeted this or the NeGaf thread towards family and friends!

Click here for the full list of games-related people who helped spread the word on Twitter: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90708221&postcount=437

n4G, Kotaku, and a couple of other of sites who've I've forgotten have helped put awareness to David's situation. More info on the Gaf thread posted above if you want to tell other video game news-sites about this.

I know it's weird for someone like me to do this, since I just joined like 3 days ago (?) and don't know anyone from this forum yet, but that is irrelevant. Please help David fight the unexpected and terrible monster that is cancer. It would be depressing for the world to lose such a talented person at such a young age. Thank you for your time and any support you'll give towards David. <3

We've raised more than 34K! Just 4K more to reach the 38K goal! Please donate, we're so close to reaching the goal! :D

I'd just like to thank anyone who might've skimmed by this this thread and help donate. And I apologize if this is such an odd thing for a newbie forum poster to do. I just want this guy to get the help he needs. Thanks again.