tegan

Licenses That Demand A Game

I saw that movie. And they way tou describe it sound way more interesting that what I recall the movie was.

Well like I said, it's only occasionally effective. The hyperactive Tony Scottesque camerawork and editing get old quick. But the tone and approach of the movie is exactly as I described it. I just watched it again a couple months ago.

Shawshank Redemption. Gain favor with the guards and prisoners, build a relationship with the warden, build a library, help prisoners get their diplomas, and fight off Boggs' gang all while slowly planning and executing your escape. The pacing would be something like Harvest Moon and would slowly play out over 20 years.

And Morgan Freeman would obviously narrate the whole thing.

Also, I have no idea how any of this could make for compelling gameplay but I bet it could be done.

I always wanted to see an open-world crime game set in Ankh-Morpork. The setting supports parkour/rooftop exploration as well as general nuttiness, and you have a police force that has a well-developed personality instead of being the generic one to six stars. Oh no, Sargeant Colon's after you? Better walk slightly faster. Angua? Get peppermint bombs. Vimes has taken notice? oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Ideally you'd be more like an assassin/agent provocateur than a thug, to align better with the kind of protagonists that actually exist in Discworld.

A game set in an open-world Ankh-Morpork would probably be the best open-world fantasy game of all time.

I always wanted to see an open-world crime game set in Ankh-Morpork. The setting supports parkour/rooftop exploration as well as general nuttiness, and you have a police force that has a well-developed personality instead of being the generic one to six stars. Oh no, Sargeant Colon's after you? Better walk slightly faster. Angua? Get peppermint bombs. Vimes has taken notice? oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Ideally you'd be more like an assassin/agent provocateur than a thug, to align better with the kind of protagonists that actually exist in Discworld.

I'd like a politics sim where Vetinari is incapacitated and you (as Drumknott) have to try and manage all the guilds, police forces, mages, etc.

Crime and Punishment as a survival horror / stealth game..

I imagine this being a Spelunky mod where the shop-keeper is an unarmed old blind woman.

Shawshank Redemption. Gain favor with the guards and prisoners, build a relationship with the warden, build a library, help prisoners get their diplomas, and fight off Boggs' gang all while slowly planning and executing your escape. The pacing would be something like Harvest Moon and would slowly play out over 20 years.

And Morgan Freeman would obviously narrate the whole thing.

Also, I have no idea how any of this could make for compelling gameplay but I bet it could be done.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisd/the-escapist?ref=category

I'm pretty sure eventually everything will have it's own LEGO game and I kinda want it to happen.

I wouldn't mind having an on rails shooter based on Killer Klowns from Outer Space in the House of the Dead style.

An adventure game for Castle. I've only seen a few episodes but what the hell, it could work.

Yeah, a Castle point-and-click could definitely work.

One of the dialogue options is constantly "Bam! said the lady"

Inception? they could do way more in a virtual space and use the mechanics of uncharted, but with less combat.

There's a board game set in Ankh-Morpork. Not my favourite, but it has some cool things going on in it and is probably a lot more enjoyable if you're familiar with the setting, which I am not.

I was watching Gravity last night and the only thing I think of the whole time was "this seems like the coolest 3D traversal game ever." Mirror's Edge in zero-g. It would be really tough to pull off, but if you could do it, it would be amazing.

Just listening to the Neil Druckmann episode of Tone Control and had to come here to say: Sin City! A specifically Romero-toned zombie game would be cool, too. I haven't started the Walking Dead games yet, I guess they get pretty close to the feel of the Dead trilogy at times?

Any fans of the Dresden Files in here?  I think that would make a pretty killer game if made well.  A battlemage with crime noir elements lets you mixup some gameplay elements.  Plus there could be some interesting limitations due to the way that magic regulated in that universe (killing a human with magic is a crime almost universally punished with a swift execution).  It's got an interesting and varied cast of villains as well. 

Any fans of the Dresden Files in here?  I think that would make a pretty killer game if made well.  A battlemage with crime noir elements lets you mixup some gameplay elements.  Plus there could be some interesting limitations due to the way that magic regulated in that universe (killing a human with magic is a crime almost universally punished with a swift execution).  It's got an interesting and varied cast of villains as well. 

I was actually thinking the same thing.  There is a Dresden Files pen and paper RPG game that could maybe be adapted into a video game.

I just read the first book in the Gentleman Bastards series.. Feels like that world could be a nice fit for a swashbuckling action/adventure game in the vein of Assassins Creed, but with less focus on combat and more subterfuge.

Groundhog Day. You relive the same day over and over and watch the same series of events happen each day with slight changes based off of your interactions. Once you eventually discover how to break out of the loop the game's ending would consist of you getting to live one last day and experience the world finally moving forward again.

«Indiana Jones.» Based on it, they could make the world' best adventure game. Oh wait, they already did. Okay, how about a Kinect game based on «Sans Soleil» where you have do specific motions or poses to progress to the next clip?

Zeus, you should make a reskinning mod for Majora's Mask. It's basically that; an iteration of days until you reach the perfect run and save everything.

Zeus, you should make a reskinning mod for Majora's Mask. It's basically that; an iteration of days until you reach the perfect run and save everything.

A Majora's Mask mod where I could play as Bill Murray would probably be the thing that gets me to actually finish that game.  Also the fairy should be the groundhog.